XIV 🌹

Snow Melts Away Like Kindness Passes Away

Slap.

"Fuck-"

Slap.

"Ow!" A desperate yelp of pain left Jungkook's lips as he held his head, his front teeth biting onto the pink flesh of his lower lip. His closed eyes opened into a menacing glare as he looked at me.

"What the hell was that for, (Y/N)-ah?!" He shouted out his question, his eyes full of fury as I took my sweet time yawning.

"I know that like, you guys don't sleep much cause you're vampires and all that jazz, but I'm still human and you guys have got to let me sleep goddamn it." I declared, my voice frighteningly low because of my recent awakening. "And I still have morning breath Jesus Christ!"

"That doesn't mean you have to slap me!" Jungkook retorted and I rose my eyebrows, "Yeah, maybe I should've bitten your lip."

"I never thought you were the kinky ty-"

Slap.

"Okay, okay I get it. I'll let you sleep." He gave up, I heaved out a deep breath, allowing myself to fall limp onto the mattress once more.

"Can I at least sleep here?" He requested and I crooked up a brow. "Depends. Are you touchy feely like Taehyung?"

"Oh, hell n- Wait, you slept with TaeTae-hyung?!" He quickly retorted and I let out a sigh. "Guess you can sleep here."

"Yah! You did-"

"I thought you were supposed to be like, the chill one?" I questioned and his lips quickly settled into a firm line. I dropped onto the bed on my side and held my pillow, hugging it close to my chest as I ignored his every word.

Eventually, he gave up and simply laid down beside me, my back facing him. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep and heaved breath, attempting to relax myself enough to go back to sleep. I was slowly losing consciousness when I felt Jungkook's arms wrap around my body and I shivered slightly, his chin came in contact with the crook of my neck. I was basically half-asleep, but even so, a questioning of his actions left my lips, but due to my hazy mind, it came out more like a hum than understandable words, making him chuckle.

"Nothing, I'm just cold, (Y/N)-ah." He stated, his hand stroking my hair. I heard his words, and understood them, but my inactive brain barely understood his words.

I felt his body come closer to my own, almost blending with my own, our tightly hugging bodies could have looked like one to anyone who came into the room. My dodgy mind couldn't for any words, only listen and allow my throat to let out hums and incomprehensible murmurs.

"I'm so cold (Y/N)-ah," He repeated, his voice dropping low. "I haven't felt warm in such a long time. I constantly feel as if I'm stuck in a dimension of never-ending winter." He explained, his voice lulling and hypnotic, making me fall deeper into unconsciousness, but never quite falling asleep, wanting to hear more of his words, his sweet but tragic words.

"My life has been reduced to a never-ending frozen cycle ever since she left me, she decided to leave me because of what she lived through. She never thought that the answer to her own hurt would cause my own, but I don't blame her, (Y/N)-ah. I can't blame her." He narrated, his words coming to an abrupt stop as a hitched breath left his lips. Was it really a hitched breath? My eyes split open as my mind processed what it was; it was a sob.

A heavy and emotion-filled sob that my mind, that my heart couldn't bear to ignore, even through my hazy and sleepy state. My heart clenched as I tried to turn around, but his tightening arms wouldn't let me, he probably didn't want me to see him in his... miserable state.