28. Decisions

Diego's POV:

I zone out from the meeting as the members argue back and forth about the decision that has already been made. 

Niomy enters with letter in her hand, drawing the councils attention away from each other and to her.

"Aren't you supposed to be watching the prisoner?" Sakara screeches, obviously trying to take her anger out in her.

"Kelil said it was urgent and the other guards are afraid to come in here at this moment ma'am," Niomy voice trembles a little.

"What is it?" I speak up before anyone else says anything.

"A letter addressed to you, Diego. It's from Blake Walker," she says and presents the letter to me.

"Thank you," I say and nod to her for her to leave.

My fingers graze over the writing before I open it and read over the contents. The rest of the council goes back to arguing as I continue to read it over and over again.

"We have a problem," I announce, getting the attention of the council. "Blake Walker is offering one hundred thousand dollars for Dylan and Amanda to be returned without any harm."

"That does sound good but I believe we have made the right decision," Sakara huffs out and begins tapping her fingers on the table.

"What are you saying? That money could be used to help build up our covens and keep them secure from hunters," Lex says.

"We have money. That is not an issue," Bennet slouches and slightly stretches his arms.

"Coda, you can use the money for equipment for your research. Don't you need the money?" Lex pleads to him.

"What makes you think I don't have money?" Coda asks, offended.

"Why haven't we killed that magical being thing anyway? He was hold people that should have been turned in a long time ago," Sakara hisses.

"He's the one who turned them in. For all we know they just showed up and he called us as soon as possible," I state.

"You really believe that?" Sakara asks.

"Drop it," I say sternly and she closes her mouth.

"What are we going to do?" Lex asks, pleading with his eyes.

"We stick to the plan," I announce before looking towards the guards. "Bring Dylan Harper to me."

Dylan's POV:

"The decision has been made. You get to choose to either break the bond between you and Amanda or Kill her," Diego spoke up.

I could tell that they didn't all like this decision, especially the older guy. Disappointment shown on his face but he tried to cover it.

"But breaking the bond will hurt her. It's almost the same as killing her," I say. Trying to get someone to budge on the deal but none of them budge.

"That's the whole point," Sakara chuckles while twisting her fingers around the new member.

"Whats your decision?" Diego asks once more and folds his fingers together, waiting for my response.

I already know she will never forgive me. But I've already made my decision. I'm sorry Amanda. I wish we could have escaped. I wish I could have changed you so we could be together forever. Please forgive me.

Amanda's POV:

The door to my room opens and my heart drops. Diego seems uneasy as he takes a seat on the bed.