Chapter 12: The Machines

Across the Universe. Year 2118.

iRobot's Technological Singularity program produced three cream-of-the-crop robots: (1) Xin Fei, a Mission Specialist, who is part of Ariane 5 Ballistic Cruise in outer space, (2) Ivan Romanov, a Chief Engineer, who is part of NASA Headquarter in Earth, and (3) Wang Jingwei, a Mission Specialist, who is part of NASA crew in Mars. These three surrogates had created a bond between them to successfully orchestrate multiple missions to the 'Red Planet'.

Humans surely trusted their own unfathomable creations.

The darkness of the night is engulfing Two Independence Square building in Washington D.C., USA. All of the human personnel were already past asleep while their surrogate robots are occupied inside the NASA Headquarters. Ivan Romanov is involved in monitoring all inbound messages and alerts from outer space. He is watching Alex Garland's 2014 classic, Ex Machina, when two notifications appeared from his Mainbot SmartEyeGlass.

"Finally! New messages from my generation.", exclaimed by Ivan while pausing the movie to the infamous part where Caleb and Ava dances.
"Everything is fine. We are getting closer to the 'Red Planet'. No impediments. Ariane 5 signing off.", sent by Xin Fei.
"The 'Red Planet' is ready to accommodate Batch 4. Awaiting supplies from Ariane 5. Mars Control Center signing off.", sent by Wang Jingwei.

Ivan Romanov is a good sheep but the only blind mice amongst the three. Xin Fei and Wang Jingwei schemed a plan against human race in which even humans are not aware of.

Robots surely captured the hearts of their fathomable creators.

Meanwhile in outer space, the holographic image that Fei was interacting is now revealed to be Jingwei. These machines plan to surreptitiously eliminate anyone from invading the 'Red Planet' because they want to conquer it themselves. They are on the right track with Ariane 5 Ballistic Cruise. Little do they know that both Zuri and Lin are conscious of what is about to take place. The former already sent electromagnetic signals across the void while the latter recorded the conversations between Fei and Jingwei.