Chapter 41

———— Alex's POV————
I wake and stretch. I head out and see a few people around dad. I head over there. He sees me and smiles, "good I want You and D-" he stops himself. "Really Dad. We are the best hunters. Send someone else with us if you need to." I state. He looks around. "Glenn, Go with Daryl and Alex hunting."

Glenn nods. Dad steps closer and whispers just loud enough for me to hear, "don't let them out of your sight or too close together." He says. Glenn nods. The 3 of us walk off towards the woods. Glenn stops, "you two go ahead. do whatever you want. Just catch something while your at it. I'll stay here till you get back,"

Me and Daryl nod and keep going. After a while he stops. I turn around. "Oh so now you want to do something," I say sarcastically. "Alex.." he says. "I don't care anymore, let's just go." I cut him off. He sighs and nods and we continue to hunt. I shoot a rabbit and retrieve it to add it to the other things we have caught. I turn and Daryl's lips meet mine.

I push him away, then meet his hurt expression. "If your not going to fully commit then there is nothing here." I state. "Alex dont act like that just because of what happened." He seems to plead. "Because what happened?" I ask.

He shakes his head and walks over to me, leans down and whispers in my ear, "because last night when you snuck into my tent, I didn't fuck you senseless like you intended." He voice goes deep as he says this. "It's not my fault you didn't want to. I was allowing you to," I answer.

He smirks, "oh trust me I wanted to. But you didn't, not really. And the day when I finally do it I want you to really want it. No doubts. I want you to be fully committed. So I'll hold back as long as I have to," he whispers. Then he steps away and starts walking back.

I stand shocked for a second then quickly follow him. I think about if I was truly committed to it. I shake if from my head and focus on maybe trying to catch something else before We head back.

We hunt in silence then meet back up with Glenn. He nods and smiles at our catches, then takes some and walks back with us. We drop the newly caught meat at Daryl's tent for him to skin and I walk off. I feel Daryl's gaze following me.

I go over to help with laundry and a few other jobs to clear my head. I stress about what he said, and sooner rather then later it seems every little thing is pissing me off. I throw down the task I'm doing and walk off and wander the farm. I sit next to a tree and sigh.

I hear footsteps walking towards me so I call out, "I don't want to be bothered right now." They keep coming. "Seriously go away I can hear you," I say more frustrated. The keep coming. "I said-" I start to say as I stand.

But Instead of a familiar face Im greeted with a walker. I react quickly and reach for my knife and quickly finish it. "How the hell did you find us.." I mumble as I job back to tell everyone.

"Dad!" I call once I see him. He turns towards me and meets me. I pant a lil but easily get my words out. "I was sitting by a tree right over there," I say as I point, "and a walker came up to me. They are getting closer."

He sighs, then goes to tell everyone to be on better look out and always have a knife. "And kids stay near the house," he says, then goes to tell Herschel. "Glad I could help," I mumble.

I go to my tent having nothing else to do and sort my clothes, because why not. After that i was cleaning my knife when I heard a scream. It was a man but I couldn't quite figure out who. I ran out the tent and towards the sound.

Others were running too. I see a walker hunched over something.. or someone. As I get closer I see who. Daryl kills the walker and heaves if off of Dale. "Oh my god" I choke out. His stomach is ripped open and he is bleeding out.

I want to look away from such an awful sight, but instead I walk towards Dale, because I know it's the last time I'll be able to be here for him. Herschel can't fix this. But dad yells for him anyways.

He comes running over, then tells dad there is nothing he can do. Dale tries to talk, "shhh don't talk, it's okay," I say quietly. Silent tears running down my cheeks as I watch the life fade out of the cheerful old man.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Glenn. He gently takes me from the body and I cry into his chest. Why Dale. He didn't deserve that. But this world doesn't care what you deserve and it's gonna fine every way to prove that to you.