Chapter 35

————Alex's POV————
Dad and Daniel come this way. Relief washes over me till I hear a gun cock, then I feel the cold metal against my head. Dad and Daniel come around the bush and stop. "Shane... please don't..." Dad says quietly. "What you gonna do to st-" Shane gets cut off. His body falls to the floor.

I turn and look at Shane's unconscious body. I look up at Shane's Attacker and see Carl. He is holding a gun, which he hit Shane with. I let out a small laugh and I go and hug him. He drops his gun and hugs back. "Carl, how did you do that?!" I exclaim as I pull out of the hug. He looks down at his feet, "I did I like the movie people did, I hit him with he back of the gun," he explains.

We all laugh a little, then I go and hug Dad. Then i turn to Daniel. I really don't want to hug him. I actually need to talk to him. I think he noticed this, because he pulls me back as we walk back to the farm house.

"Something bothering you?" He asks me. I sigh, "Daniel, I know it just started but I believe we shouldn't be together. It's the Zombie apocalypse and I don't have time to think about a relationship right now when anyone I care about can die any minute." I state.

He nods. "I saw this coming. And after I asked you I realized the same thing." He says. I sigh in relief. "So we end it, obviously. But we are still good, right?" He asks nervously. "Of course!" I exclaimed. He laughs and walks back to his house.

I stay back and head to Daryl's tent. I'm about to walk in when I hear him talking. "I'm sure we will find her," he says. Then i hear Carol, "me too, I worry more with each passing second," Carol says. I roll my eyes. "You have to realize, we might not find her alive, given our best efforts." He tells her.

She doesn't answer, so I assume she nodded. I start walking back to the tent. It's clear that what Daryl said, I interpreted the wrong way. I walk into the house and I'm met by Herschel.

"May i check to make sure your wound healed right? Then you are free to go sleep with your family and friends." He asks me. I nod. He leads me to the couch and starts checking my wound. I doze off, until he says "your free to go Mrs. Grimes."

"Thank you, for everything," I tell him he gives me a soft smile and a nod. I walk out of the tent and straight to Glenn's. I open the tent and see him sitting in the tent. "I need to tell you something," he says instantly.

"Okay....? What is it," I ask him. He takes a deep breath, "me and Maggie were planning to have sex again at dinner. And we were passing a note. So I said the barn and went there right after. She ran after me and well, the barn is full of walkers." He says super fast, in one breath.

I gasp, "no way!" I exclaim. "Shhhhh!" He tells me. I nod and cover my mouth. "That's not safe for us," I state. He nods in agreement. I sigh, "we should tell the group," I tell him. He nods again, "let me think about it, you get some sleep." He tells me. I inform him that I'm back to sharing a tent with him, then lay down. After no time at all, I'm asleep.

Sorry it's kind of short. Vote and comment!