Chapter 38

————Daryls POV————
"Who?" She asks me. I pause, my heart is racing. Should I lie? Say nobody? No I can't. Not now. I take a deep breath and tell her the truth.

"You."

I watch her facial expressions. First confused, then shocked, then.... Happy? No. Can't be happy. Why happy? She looks down. And I can't help but think I ruined it all. Suddenly she looks up. My eyes yet again meet her dark brown ones. And then the next second later, her lips are pressed to mine.

I take a second to process what's happening, but I'm soon kissing her back. I push her down to the ground and hover on top of her, my lips never leaving hers. I have one hand beside her head, holding me, and the other on her waist.

Her arms lock around my neck and pull my closer. I pull back for air and rest my forehead against hers. Damn, never thought it would feel this good to finally have her as mine.

————Alex's POV————
"You."

It takes a moment to sink in, but once it does, I'm shocked. No way. I look down and hide my blush. And my smile. I feel his gaze boring into me. I look up and so the stupidest thing I think I could ever do. And I kissed Daryl Dixon. It didn't take long for him to return the kiss.

He pushes me down onto the blanketed leaves covering the forest floor. I feel his hand in my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in. I don't want this to end. I feel my heart beating a mile a minute. He pulls back for air, and rest his forehead on mine.

Then we hear a Bush rustling. He is instantly off my and has his cross bow aimed a the bush. My reaction time isn't as fast, and I'm stumbling to get my knife in my hand. Once I do, and turn to the bush, a rabbit hops out. Daryl quickly shoots it, and picks it up.

"We should go back," he says as he starts walking back the way we came. I feel my heart drop, but follow him anyway. Right when we get back Carol is running up to him. "I was looking for you everywhere! Why didn't you tell me you were going to hunt!" She exclaims.

He just grunts and sets the rabbit down at his fire pit. She sits next to him and he starts skinning it. Suddenly Carol looks up. "Alex, I'm sorry for how I've been acting towards you. I know you didn't lose my Daughter. And you have tried your best to find her," Carol says.

I'm taken off Guard by the apology, but greatly accept it. She gives me a soft smile, then goes to help cook. I sit across from Daryl. He looks up at me, then back down at the rabbit.

————Daryl's POV————
Carol finally leaves and Alex takes a seat across from me. I look up at her, then back at my rabbit. It takes everything I have to not look up again. I feel her staring at me, but I continue skinning my rabbit. "What are we," She blurts out.

Panic comes over me. Her Dad can't know. He would kill me. Glenn might asking join him in killing me. My mind is searching for an answer. "Nothin'," I say. I look up and see a hurt expression. I want to take that back. Tell her we can be Something. That I want us to be something.

But I can't get the words out. She nods and leaves. I watch her go, then look down at my rabbit. "Shit!" I yell as I throw the rabbis to the ground. I put my head in my hands in frustration. I need her. And now she is gone. I've messed up big time now.

————Alex's POV———— I stand up and walk to my shared tent with Glenn. I'm holding back tears. How could he do this? Why? I go into the tent and Glenn looks up. He immediately knows something is wrong. I sit next to him. "What's wrong Alex?" He asks me. "Just hold me," I whisper.

Glenn pulls me in for a hug and I cry onto his shoulder. I cry until I can't. But the whole time Glenn is there, comforting me. I think I would die without Glenn.

Vote and comment what you think!