Chapter 11 Jessica

My phone goes off just after I'm in a nice blissful sleep. Well now it's my turn for sentry duty, and I guess it'll be a good time to work on my story. I turn on the wifi divice that I managed to get the Hephaestus kids to give me, and began working on my Kindle. I sat there writing for what seemed liked a half hour when a hydra showed up. The hydra was young and only had three heads. I pulled out my trident, and quickly slashed off the first head and flamed it with my propane torch. That got the creature mad. It roared a horrible Earth rattling roar, and it charged at me. I managed to escape it's jaws just barely before it sliced my arm nice and deep. I knew I had to stop the bleeding, but I had to stop the Hydra first. While one head was distracted by my blood, I sliced off the other and torched it. The hydra was really mad now, and it was so distracted by that anger, that I was able to remove head number three and burn the stump. The hydra melted into a pile of ashes. Just then the men came out of their tents with weapons ready. I rolled my eyes at them, then I passed out.

I woke up later with a bandage on the arm that the hydra had sliced open. Percy was staring down at me.

"How are you feeling?" my brother asked.

"A little sore, but that'll go away. What took you guys so long?"

"I really don't know. It was as if some invisible force prevented us from leaving our tents till the hydra was gone."

"Are you sure that invisible force wasn't sleep?"

"Trust me, Jess, it wasn't sleep," Nico said coming over to me.

"Where's my Kindle and my phone?"

"I've got all your stuff here," Nico said picking up a bag, my bag.

"Is my arm healed?" I asked

"Well, we didn't want to give you any nectar or ambrosia until you were awake," Percy told me.

"Well, I'm awake now."

Percy handed me a small piece of ambrosia, and I ate it in one bite, then I motioned for a little bit of nectar. Nico handed me a glass, and I downed what he gave me. I could suddenly feel the cut closing, and it was closing fast. Within minutes I was able to use my arm again. I helped take down our little camp, and put it all back in my bag. I got some rather incredulous looks from Nico and Percy as I managed to make everything small enough to fit. That just goes to show how much smarter I am than them.

"Looks like we're ready to leave," I said.

Percy and Nico nodded in agreement, so we mounted our Pegasuses and flew off still heading west. As we flew, I noticed a cave with smoke rising out.