Chapter 8 Nico

I motioned Percy to follow me a little ways away from the cabin, so that I could talk to him privately. I know he just met his sisters, but I felt it was proper to tell him about my feelings for Jessica. I know I've only gone out with her once, but I know she's the one I'm meant to be with. As soon as I was certain that we were out of earshot, I turned to him.

"Percy, I know you only just met her today, but I want you to know I'm in love with Jessica," I told him.

"Thank you," he answered.

"For what?"

"For just being a good friend. Most boys would just date their best friend's sister and not say anything, but you didn't act like that. You have my blessing, as her brother, to continue your relationship with her, but be warned that if you hurt her..."

Percy didn't have to continue because I understood what he meant. He just found out that he has sisters, and if I know Percy, which I do, he'll do anything to protect them, but I still had to joke with him about it.

"You're practicing, I see," I teased.

"Huh?" he asked.

"Your girls. You've got two daughters on the way, and that's the typical line of a father."

"Oh," he laughed. "I get it now. Practicing."

"It's good to hear you laugh. I haven't heard that since Annabeth told you she was pregnant."

"Yeah, I've been rather uptight lately. I'm just scared of becoming a father. I don't think I ready."

"I think you are, Seaweed Brain," came a voice from behind us. The voice belonged to Annabeth.

I turned around, and there was Jessica, Juliet, and Annabeth heading toward us. Percy noticed as well and began to mount his "You should be resting" speech when Jess butted in.

"Percy, walking around is good for her. Annabeth just shouldn't do so too much."

"And how would you know that?" Percy asked.

"Because, I've been around quite a few people when they were pregnant, and one of them had twins," Jess retorted.

Percy began to say something but thought better of it.

"Percy, Annabeth, do you mind showing Juliet around camp?" I asked, changing the subject. "There's something I want to show Jess."

"Sure," Annabeth replied instantly. "Come on Percy, Juliet."

The three of them walked away, so now was my chance to take Jess on our second date. I led her towards the lake where I had a picnic set up for us.

"Wow, this is so beautiful," she commented about the Lake, then she saw our picnic. "Date number two I see."

"Yeah, I thought you'd like a nice picnic by the water."

"I love it," she said sitting on the blanket.

"I hope you like Peanut Butter sandwiches. I asked Tyson to make sandwiches and that's what he made."

"I used to live on them, so that's fine."