Chapter 2 Nico

Gods was she gorgeous, and she knows about the Greek gods. How much more lucky could I get. Jessica is so beautiful in a plain kind of way. I would be blind if I couldn't see it. All through English I looked over at her, and a couple times I thought I saw her looking at me. I'm sure it was my imagination. Jessica is so kind and nice. Aphrodite had to have something to do with our schedules. Aphrodite would have known that I would have been instantly attracted to her. I think I'll ask her out at lunch.

Our next class was Physics, then we had Computer Programing and App design. Right after third hour was Lunch. Jessica offered to sit with me, and I accepted the offer. She hunted down her friends, and we found them after a little search. One of them was in our Physics class, her name was Megan. She's a nice girl, but nothing in comparison to Jess. Most of the group went up for seconds, and that's when I asked her.

"Jess, would you like to go out with me Friday?" I asked her.

The look on her face was pure shock. Like she couldn't believe someone was actually asking her out. She took a few deep breathes before answering.

"Y-y-your asking me out?" She stuttered.

"Yes, I am. Would you like to."

She paused to again collect her bearings, then said, "I'd love to, but I have to ask my dad, and he'll want to know what I should wear, and where we'd be going. He's so annoying."

"That's no problem, Jess. We'd go to the Olive Garden near The Anderson's, and just dress as you would for school. And I would pick you up at 5:30. Drop you off around maybe 6:30-7:00," I replied just before our tablemates reappeared. Jessica turned to talk to Megan.

"Megan, you'll never guess what just happened," she exclaimed excitedly.

"What?"

"I just got asked out."

"No way. Who asked?"

"He's sitting next to me."

"Nico the new kid asked you out!?"

"Yeah! Isn't it great!?"

"I'm happy for you, Jess. I know the other boys like to poke fun at you. It's great that someone actually likes you."

"Thanks, Megan."

We all talked about nothing in particular for the rest of lunch then Jessica and I had Pre-Calc with Miss. Nowak which was an okay class except I hate mathematics. Jessica loves it though. She's amazing with math. Jessica is sweet, smart, funny, and gorgeous. How much better can a girl get.

After Pre-Calc, we had Government, what a waste of a class hour. I mean seriously the American government has gone all to Tartarus. Back when FDR was president, everything was great. I mean I remember it sort of. I've mostly grown up in this century, but I was born 4 years before FDR became president. Now we've got Obama. Dad's already said Obama isn't going to Elysium.

Well after Government, was Architectural Drafting. Jessica seems to know the teacher well, because of all the students who entered, Jess was the only one Mr. Morelli greeted by name. He even let's her just say Morelli when she talks to him instead of adding the Mister part. I asked Jess about it.

"You seem to know the teacher well?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. I've been in three of the classes he teaches so far since 9th grade. I purposely choose at least one class with him every year."

"That's cool. So he's a good teacher?"

"Yeah, he's one of the best, now we need to be quiet so we hear him as he tells us our assigned seats."

Jess and I were put at a desk together, and we shared a drawer. The class was a lot more fun than I expected. Mr. Morelli is a rather unusual teacher, and Jess warned me to behave, so that I didn't get tennis balls thrown at me. Not many teachers do that.

Our last class was Math Lab with Mr. Anastasoff. All that class is is a study hall for math homework only, and math related classes like physics.

I didn't want to say goodbye at the end of the day till I found out we even ride the same bus. I sat with Jessica and her little brother JT. That's all there is to his first name is JT. He's such a sweet little boy. Jessica had to sit in the aisle seat, because her other brother Chance can be a handful I guess. He behaved on the bus today, but I think it was because Jess told him that if he misbehaved, she'd kill him. When he saw her sit with me he realized that she wasn't kidding. Jessica's sister Katelyn sat with their brother Cody. They've got a big family I guess.