Eleven

Chapter 11

(unedited version)

A/N at the end of this chapter. 

 --

 Liam had found himself in a hole of self pity. Whether or not he deserved it, he still couldn't understand why Diana kept on ignoring him. It had been two weeks since the kiss and since the meeting at the cafe. She's continuing to be stubborn as hell.

 Noticing Liam's glare at his phone, Zayn sighs and sits across from him in the booth. They were meeting at the cafe that day. Liam had been going every day, in hopes he'd coincidentally bump into the girl he's been chasing. He had no luck.

 "Look, this may be a little mean and too upfront but, I need to say this. You need to get the fuck out of here, go to the club and get drunk as drunk can get, and find yourself in bed with some girl, okay?" Zayn looks at him with his thick eyebrow quirked up.

 "No," Liam deadpans. He wouldn't. He wasn't missing the going out, getting drunk and hooking up with whoever, whenever. He was missing Diana. His Diana.

 "Don't tell me you're whipped," Zayn chuckles, "this girl hasn't given you the time of day. Don't be pathetic, Liam."

 Squeezing his eyes shut, Liam tries to tell himself that what Zayn was telling him was all wrong, but deep down, he knew his friend was telling the truth - no matter how harsh the truth was, it was true. He was head over heels for a girl who never given him the time of day. Sighing, Liam slides out of the booth, and turns to Zayn with his arms crossed in front of him.

 "What club tonight?" Liam asks, his voice hard. Ignoring the devilish smile he gets in return, he turns towards the door, expecting an interesting and most importantly distracting night ahead of him.

ooo

"Breezeblocks," Diana whispers. She had found the song she'd been looking for, for the past two weeks. She had heard it walking passed a record store in Brighton, and hadn't had the heart to go in - mainly due to the cluster of teenage boys in the corner of the store peering at old guitars, and the pretty girl at the cash register.

 "What?" Niall asks her, looking up from his phone. He had asked her to go out that night, and surprisingly, she said yes. They had been hanging out a lot more the past two weeks.

 "Nothing," Diana looks down at shoes - her converse, as usual. She hadn't dressed for the occasion, which became obvious once they got to the place Niall had picked. A club called, "55". From what she could see, it was filled with girls in tight dresses and guys in muscle shirts, with said girls on their laps. Wonderful.

 "Okay," Niall brushes it off and continues, "it's okay if I invited a few people, right?"

  "Uh, yeah." Diana answers, not knowing how to exactly respond.

  "Good, you know them anyways. I thought, you know no offence, but since we all hadn't seen you I had to make you come but when you said yeah I was all like, 'wow, holy crap, she said yeah!' which is funny, since that's what everyone said. Anyways, Zayn is bringing a friend too, well they're my friend too, I hope will be yours and..."