Eight

Chapter Eight

 (UNEDITED VERSION)

 A few hours after Diana left the Liam's apartment, she was sat on her couch enjoying an episode of Supernatural when there was a furious banging on her door. Shooting the door a glare for interrupting her special me time - even though the door couldn't exactly do that - she huffs and scurried off the couch, still wrapped in her wool blanket. Tiptoeing towards the door, Diana looks through the peep hole and sees a sight she thought she'd never see. Rolling her eyes, she wretches the door open and crosses her arms, the glare back on her features.

 "Liam, what the fuck are you doing?" Diana asks, her eyebrows raised. Surprised she opened the door, Liam shoots his head up and a big goofy grin appears on his face. Tumbling towards the blonde girl, Liam wraps his arms around her shoulders. Still smiling, he looks down at her uncomfortable expression.

 "Di Di, why do you always walk out?" Liam slurs, his eyes hazy and speech extremely slow. Groaning, Diana attempts to get out of his hold only for him to tighten his arms around her.

 "Are you drunk?" She snaps at him, almost choking on air when his breath is blown into her face. Yes, definitely drunk, she thinks to herself. Helping Liam lean against the wall, Diana wraps the blanket around him then shoots him an annoyed look.

 "I'm waiting," Diana rolls her eyes as her arms wrap around his muscular torso. Shuffling towards her couch, she couldn't help but think how nice it felt. Shaking her head out of her idiotic thoughts, she sits him down on couch and then stands ram rod straight with her hands on her hips.

 "So, are you going to explain to me why you've shown up at my apartment, drunk out of your mind, at 11 pm?" She peers down at him, feeling her legs weaken when his brown eyes smolder into an innocent, almost sad, look.

 "Because," Liam whines, snuggling into the blanket and snaking an arm around her waist. "I...." He trails off, leaning his head on her stomach and releasing a little giggle. Feeling uncomfortable, Diana begins to struggle only to be held tighter once again.

 "Liam," Diana rests her hands on his broad shoulders, the blanket instantly warming her fingers, "you what?"

 Only receiving a few muffled mumbles from the little shit, Diana exhales an angry breath. Letting her eyes scour her tiny living room, she notices the ice water she had set on the coffee table just a few moments before Liam had knocked on her door. Smirking at her newfound - and pretty fucking brilliant - idea, Diana maneuvers herself in a way that she could reach the ice cold bottle yet hold Liam upright at the same time.  Grasping the cup in her hands firmly, she shoots a look at Liam - whom seemed to have found great comfort my snuggling against her torso - and let out a breathy laugh. Knowing she'd feel bad in the aftermath, Diana went with it and dunked the remaining water onto his head.

 And absolutely nothing happened. Nothing. Nada. Non.

 Scoffing, She pries Liam's hands off her back and pushes his head away, resulting in his body being slumped in her couch, tangled in the snuggly blanket and pouting at her.

 "If you do anything as moving a single muscle - that includes pouting - you'll regret it," Diana warns, eyeing him up and down until he began nodding, a bit too quickly, but nodding anyways.

 Shuffling towards her kitchenette portion of the apartment, Diana digs through her cabinets until she found aspirin, a small towel and a bucket. Heaving the necessities back into the living room, she sets the red coloured bucket on the rug by Liam's feet and the rest of the things on the coffee table in front of him. Shooting him a glance, she notices he hadn't moved an inch and let out a giggle of her own.