2

Ava's POV

Jack has been acting different lately. But not a bad different. I kind of like it.

He's been laughing at all of my jokes, texting me more than ever, and buying my lunch at school.

I think he's falling for me, and I know I'm falling too.

"Jack..." I begin to ask him about the way he's been acting.

"Yeah?" He says, staring at me with his gorgeous brown eyes that I've always admired, even before I knew I had feelings for him.

I hesitate, and decide that if I say something wrong, it will ruin our friend friendship.

"Nothing," I lie, smiling awkwardly, and tucking my hair behind my ear and sipping my drink.

God dammit Ava.

Dylan's POV

"Molly, I think he's trying to tell you that your drink is ready," I whisper.

"Oops. Be right back, kids." Molly leaves to get her drink and I sigh.

I watch as she sashays over to the barista.

Wow, I think to myself. He's not too bad looking.

For a moment, I regret telling her that her drink is ready. Maybe she would have stayed here, and shared some of my drink, rather than going to get hers from a major hunk.

Am I jealous? No. I would never like Molly. We've been like brother and sister since day one.

The barista forcefully turns around, and Molly's drink goes flying all over her clothing and face. I want to begin laughing like a maniac, like Jack and Ava, but then he starts to help Molly clean up. He's actually wiping her off. And she's smiling? What is she doing? Two minutes ago she was nervous to get her drink from this guy. I'm too angry to laugh, so I sit with my arms crossed pretending to notice something outside.

Jack's POV

Ava suddenly turns away from her drink, to see Molly dripping in chocolate and whip cream. A barista stands over her, an apologetic and surprised look wiped across his face

I hesitate before laughing, scared Molly might beat me up if she sees me. But Ava is already giggling, and Molly seems to be smiling at the guy who spilled the drink on her, so I laugh too.

"Hey, you guys wanna hang out after this? Molly seems pretty happy with that dude over there." I say after the laugh attack finally settles.

"Uh-uhm, nah, I'll, uh, stay here and wait for her. She just has to clean up. You guys can go, though, she'll be done soon," Dylan mumbles nervously and waves us off. I wonder why he's so sure of himself. Or maybe he's just hopeful Molly will be sitting with him again soon. Whatever it is, I don't really care at this moment. I just wait for Ava's response.

"Sure, I'm down for that," Ava smiles up at me, with her smile that I've always loved. "A-are you okay?" she asks.

Huh? Have I been looking at her too long?

"Oh, sorry," I laugh. "I must have been lost in thought."

"Haha, that's okay," she sighs. "Um... your place?"

"Yep, let's go," I reply and carefully hand her her backpack.