CHAPTER 46- TASTE YOU

Start from the beginning

Due to her silence, Jayden let her know, "We don't have to if you're not comf-"

"You can," the words flew out of her mouth.

"You're not comfortable," Jayden looked into her eyes, "I won't put you in any uncomfortable situation."

"I will be," she assured, "It's you."

"Are you sure?"

"Do it," Lara instructed. "Do it, I want it," she held his gaze.

***

"Did you lock the door?" Katy asked Dana and Emma whom she had called to confess a speculation to in her bedroom.

"Yeah," Dana who had on an oversized purple T-shirt with matching bedroom slippers said. She walked into Katy's room with Emma who had on a yellow shirt and matching trousers.

Katy began, "I know it's really late but, this is a major issue and I didn't know who to turn to."

"What is it?" Dana had made herself comfortable on the bed opposite Katy's as Emma shared Katy's bed with Katy.

Dana had already gone through a long day trying to get Brie's brother out of her head. She couldn't deny the slight tension they had experienced, and couldn't wait to visit him the next day to return his clothes. Only Emma knew about this.

"It's Brie," Katy announced.

"I knew it," Emma voiced out concernedly.

Dana scrolled through some text messages on her phone while asking, "What she done?"

Katy let out a heavy sigh, "Guys, I know this might sound absurd, but..."

When Katy paused for longer than usual, Emma turned to face her and Dana looked up from her phone with an arched black brow.

"Okay, lemme start from the root. Brie and Mr. Benson," Katy said, but Emma immediately disagreed,

"Don't tell us you think Brie is the maid my sister saw in her dream? I don't believe that Mr. Benson is capable of that. He doesn't see any of us in that way."

"Oh, Emma," Dana smiled, "People are so full of surprises. I've learned that the hard way so many times."

Katy spoke, "I don't know about Ella's dream but when I put things together, it would only make sense that Brie and Mr. Benson are seeing each other. And worse."

"Enlighten us," Dana sat upright.

"I think Brie is planning on," Katy transitioned into whispering, "Getting rid of Mrs. Benson."

"WHAT?"

"Hold on, let me explain. It's just some random things she says. Like, 'this mansion needs a capable female owner,' 'I can't wait to own all of this,' 'Katy, aren't you tired of this woman bossing us around?' 'Katy, I'm tired of serving this woman,' 'things are going to be different very soon,'," Katy registered the concerned looks on Dana and Emma's faces.

She continued, "And it's not just what she says; it's the looks she gives, the tone she uses, she REALLY hates Mrs. Benson. At first, I thought it was just because Mrs. Benson was bossy, but now I feel there's something more to it. And its name is Jared Benson."

"Wow..." Dana completely abandoned her phone to pay more attention.

Katy continued, "Now it all makes sense. Her disappearance the second Mrs. B leaves the house, her odd friendliness with Mr. Benson when serving him breakfast. Her high praises of him. It makes sense. The hatred and jealousy. Brie is crazy for the man."