Chapter 8 {New Routes Of Darkness}

Layla's heels clicked as she walked towards Alejandro's office. Alejandro was playing an important role in and outside the mafia, because he owned several hotels and he was shipping drugs to important people and criminals.

He had actually built an empire of drug trafficking.

With all of her confidence kept on track, she knocked on the door. As soon as she heard a 'yes' she turned the doorknob and entered his office, she closed the door behind her and inhaled deeply. "Come sit down Layla, we need to discuss a few things before you start working as my personal assistant." She heard Alejandro's powerful voice ringing in her ears as she nodded, she looked up to see him wearing a suit, which she had to admit, really looked good on him and formed a powerful aura around him.

She sat down on the chair in front of his desk, "I've to add that this is only temporary Alejandro, I've to leave the country as soon as possible in order to make him forget about me." She stated, he looked at her without showing any expressions, if only it were that easy to forget someone like you, he thought.

Oh no, he was starting to catch feelings towards her, which he should never have done. He knew he was going to regret it, but oh she was such a precious woman, who needed shelter and protection, but never showed it because of her pride.

He fake-coughed, "I am already aware of that, princesa (princess), but don't you think you owe me one, hm?" He wiggled his eyebrows playfully, making Layla chuckle softly, "I really do owe you, that is why I agreed working as your personal assistant until I figure everything out." She responded, which Alejandro admire her more.

She was a really intriguing woman with her womanly curves and her slight attitude, but her intelligence and the way she thought drew him more to her, he really admired the way she fought against her darkest times. He found himself smiling more around her presence, which he never did since he had stepped into this business. He really did not want to feel this questionable feeling, but he was enjoying it at the same time.

"Your day will start at 7 AM, there'll be a weekly schedule prepared for you. You'll accompany my meetings and organize them, you'll get to know my most important partners in this industry as you proceed with your work. Sometimes, you'll be sitting at the reception of my hotels, but not that often. It is as easy as office work actually, you probably know what a personal assistant does and so on."

Layla nodded, carving every single detail inside her mind as she finally felt like her life was coming back on track once. "You'll still have to carry a gun with yourself at all costs, it is for safety reasons. I already witnessed how good you are with guns, so it shouldn't be a problem for you." He said, reminiscing the day where he had saw her handling a gun in her hand flawlessly.

"I don't mind that, I can easily shoot Dimitri if he ever crosses my path before I do." Layla answered coolly, Alejandro smirked, "I saw you handling a gun flawlessly a few times, and I must say that women handling a gun can turn me on anytime."

"Even if they try to shoot your brain off?" Layla asked sarcastically while she smirked, she knew he was flirting with her and she could not have that at the moment, not right now. "If it's you, then I'll consider it." He kept on flirting, which made her roll her eyes mentally, "Well, when can I start working Mr. Gonzalez?" She asked, standing up from her seat at the same time.

"Tomorrow seven am sharp." He replied as she nodded, turning around to leave, she walked towards the door. She felt his eyes burning into her back as she turned the doorknob, "I can feel you staring at me, Mr. Gonzalez. And this is not professional at all, which makes you seem like a pervert actually." She said before she left the room, closing the door behind her, she had left Alejandro admiring her from a far once again.