[Turning You] On! Chapter 37

Start from the beginning

“Yea I did.” He replied seriously making me a bit uncomfortable.

“Do you know if your Dad has any more kids?” I asked changing the topic.

“No, he doesn’t even know that I’m coming.”

“What? Rickey why didn’t you call him?” Was he freaking kidding me? You can’t just show up as someone’s door and be like ‘Hey I’m the son you never met’

“I was afraid that he wouldn’t want to meet him and I wanted to see him face to face.”

“Rickey I’m sure he wants to meet you.” I said softer feeling bad for him.

“I don’t know. I guess we will see.” I leaned back in my seat and stared out the window. What if Rickey’s dad didn’t want to see him? I didn’t want there to be any conflict. Everything should go smoothly. I was hoping to God that everything would go peachy. I didn’t want any fights and I didn’t want Rickey to be shattered after realizing for sure that his Dad wasn’t in his life and never intended on being in his life. Lets hope that everything would be okay.

I woke up to Rickey shaking my shoulder. “Wake up,” He said to me. I sat up looking around.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to fall asleep on you.”

“It’s okay. We’re here.”

“Is this his house?” I asked pointing to the house we resided in front of.

“No it’s the one across the street.” He answered. I got out of the car and stretched. I looked around. We were in a suburb neighborhood. One of those Pleasantville type neighborhoods that people from the middle class approaching upper class lived in. It was a neighborhood where it looked like families resided in. Rickey’s dad had to be married with kids. We definitely should have called. It wasn’t a good idea to come to his residence without calling. I walked over to Rickey’s side where he was leaned against the car. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it assuring him that everything would be okay.

“Come on,” I said tugging on him. He inhaled a deep breath and let it out before walking along with me. We got to the door and I knocked.

“What’s his name?” I asked him.

“Reggie,”

“Reggie what?”

“Reggie Palmer.” I heard the lock twist and then the door opened revealing an older guy who I knew immediately was Rickey’s father. Their similarities were almost identical. They had the same hazel almond eyes. High cheekbones and square jaws. The man looked from me to Rickey and his eyes rested on Rickey. He had to know that this was his son. He was the spitting image of him. The man stepped outside and closed the door behind. He definitely knew whom we were.

“Rickey?”

“Yea,” Rickey replied.