Chapter 14: Buckaroo

Your P.O.V

"Not to quote Drake or anything but..." You downed another shot glass and stuck your arm out at Weasel, motioned your hand downwards. "Another one." Weasel gave you a look of concern but refilled your glass nonetheless. "Jesus Y/N. Slow down a bit maybe?" You picked up the glass and raised it as if you were about to give a toast. "F*ck off." Weasel rolled his eyes and turned away, heading down the bar to help a group of customers further down the line. "Hey! Hey come back! I need you to refill this!" You said, you waved your hand around, holding loosely onto the glass.

In a moment, you felt a hand slide onto your shoulder and the familiar musk of cheap cigars. "Y/N-" Buck began. You cut him off with a sigh. "Not now Buck! Can't you see I'm trying to drown my sorrows?" You sunk into the bar table, your arms holding your head less than an inch from the rough wood. "This is soooooo NOT my year; with Vanessa and now Wade's locked in prison with a collar that take away his healing factor. By the end of this month I will have lost my best friend and my best b*tch." Buck breathed deeply from his nose as he looked down as your pathetic form.

"Sweetheart..." He began gently, patting your back. "What you need right now is a long night of sleep and some time away from this place. Maybe spend some time at a beach or a spa." You lifted your head and gave him a tired glare. "A spa? Really? How long have you known me?" Buck shrugged. "Just trying to help." Buck said, raising his glass to his lips. The conversation between you two fell silent, the only sounds being from the laughing, yelling, and clinking of glasses from the folks around you.

From down the bar, Weasel made his way back, yelling over his shoulder. "Dopiender! Clean up on aisle 4!" Dopiender, who was sitting on a stool in the corner, quickly jumped up and grabbed his mop. "On it!" He yelled. Nodding in approval, Weasel turned his attention back to you. "Still up for that drink?" He asked. You nodded and tapped your glass with your finger. "Fill her up!" You said. Weasel reached behind him and grabbed the half-empty bottle. Weasel filled the glass in silence and you grabbed it eagerly. "I just don't get it you know? Why are so many things happening to me?" You downed the shot and grimaced, the taste strong and unpleasant, yet the only thing that was helping numb the pain.

"Ugh. Why am I so unlucky?" Busk lifted his finger, tapping his nose. "What you need is a bit of time with the new girl! Heard she's all about luck and what-not." Busk grabbed his drink and lifted his head back. You scrunched up your brow. "So what's her name. Lucky?" You asked sarcastically. Weasel shook his head as he refilled your glass. "Goes by Domino apparently. Came into town a few weeks back." One of your furrowed brows rose in curiosity. "How's her credit?" Weasel pointed up to the Dead Pool board hung above the bar. "Take a look for yourself." You cranked your head back, staring at the board.

To your surprise, the typical number of bets that were usually placed on fresh meat was way off. "Whoa. Guess she's pretty good then huh?" You asked, lowering your head back to face Weasel. He nodded. "Yep. Every kill so far has been grade-A gold. One shot kills, no mess, no problem. If it's luck you need, you just need to hang around her." You stared at you glass. "Maybe I will." You said thoughtfully. You pushed the glass back to Weasel and patted Buck on the back. "Thanks for the drinks Buckaroo. You're a real friend." Buck looked up in confusion. "Wait Y/N I ain't paying for your sh*t again!" You ignored him and turned to Weasel. "This Domino chick around right now?" He shook his head. "Out on the job probably. But when I see her I'll give you a call alright?" You nodded. "Sounds great. See you later then!" You said, waving your hand to those behind you as you headed for the door. "Y/N!" Buck yelled, one leg on the ground and one on the stool, looking ready to charge at you at any moment. But Weasel lifted his arm in between the two of you. "Let her go man." He shook his head as the two stared at your silhouette in the doorway. "This time, it's on me."

A/N: Hope you were satisfied with this chapter!  I wasn't quite sure how to proceed since you didn't end up in the icebox with Wade.  But, after writing this, I think this was a good approach.  Hope you guys liked it as much as I do.  Until next time!

~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon