Chapter 11: The Chapter Where the Plot Finally Takes Off

Your P.O.V

"Wade?" The voice was faint but the footsteps said it all. "Mother of-" You cursed quietly, coughing as you blew the last of the smoke out of your nose. You glanced at the dube in your hand and quickly at the door. "Wade open up!" You said loudly, grabbing his chin and shoving the drug into his mouth. "Mffftt!" Wade attempted to complain but was quickly shut up as Colossus entered the room. "Wade!" He said.

Wade lowered the book from his face, swallowing the last of the good kush down his gullet. "Come in!" He said, smoke pouring out of his various orifices. You internally cringed and simply prayed Colossus wouldn't notice. "Hey! Just doing a bit of light reading here." Wade said, tucking his book inbetween the two of you. But it seemed today Colossus had no time for small talk. "We have mission." He said shortly. Wade sighed. "Well you guys be safe out there! I'll be- We'll be praying for you." Wade grabbed your hand and patted it. You forced a smile but inside you were screaming.

"No. I want you to join. You and Y/N both." Wade looked up and you noticed a glint in his eyes. "I'm sorry what?" He said, barely containing his excitement. "You heard me." Colossus said, brow furrowed. "Trust me, that's a horrible idea. I might be ready but poor Y/N here. She's still learning her abilities and she's hardly rea-" You smacked him in the back of the head. "I've been training for months now you dingus!" Colossus nodded. "It is true. Y/N has advanced quite a bit since I have last seen her. Her and I have been training every day since you arrive Wade." Wade forced to keep his smile as he desperately tried to change back to the prior topic. "Well anyways, I don't think either of us are ready. Especially Y/N though." Wade added the last part quickly as you glared into his soul.

"You are both ready." Colossus said, tossing a small piece of clothing you hadn't seen in his massive hands before now. "We're real-" "Be at the jet in 5." "I can do 30." Wade said. "Now!" Colossus said, voice low, loud, and commanding. Wade nodded. "Yea ok." Colossus pointed at the cloth resting by Wade's foot. "You two get to decide who wears that." He said before leaving the room without another word. Wade leaned over and picked up the shirt. "Trainee." He said nodding. "Well Y/N..." Wade looked at you but quickly stopped what he was about to say. You raised an eyebrow and shook your head, blinking several times. "Yes?" You asked, you voice deadly low. Wade was silent for a moment. "How about I just wear this then." He said quietly. You nodded. "Smart choice bub." You stood up, letting Wade watch you as you began to walk towards the same door Colossus had left seconds before. "Well? You coming? We still got all our gear to pack!" You said. Wade scrambled up from his seat. "Right! Right, coming!" He said, running after you through the door.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but it was a short scene and next postings should be a pretty long chapter!  Anyways, hope you enjoy and I'll see you again in two weeks!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon