𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

DEAR JACK,
Something inside me is desperate to run.
After it all had came crashing down around us,
Fear and desperation had replaced that forever-warming sun.
Eventually, we'll be left in the cold and darkness with no where to hide.

❂

WHEN THE GROUP HAD ARRIVED AT BOBBY'S, THERE SEEMED TO BE A CALM IN THE AIR. The threat of any angels had been at the back of everyone's minds as they settled in. Mary had caught Bobby up on the plan that Sam and Dean had came up with and hoped he would be willing to follow through with it.

As she had made her way around, she had spotted Rose sat up on the hood of a car by herself. There was a relief that had filled Mary at the sight. For once, Rose didn't have Constance hanging off of her or pulling her away. It was her chance to finally be able to talk to her and not be nervous of what could go wrong.

A smile had spread across Mary's face as she made her way towards Rose, her hands placed in her pocket. "Hey, Rose. How you holdin' up here?"

Rose looked up at her before she looked around the people making their way around. "I'm doing okay."

Mary leaned up against the hood beside her. "I wanted to let you know, I didn't tell the boys what happened— what Constance did. They're looking for answers, but I think that's something they need to hear from you."

"Yeah, that's not going to matter that much. Whenever they find out, they'll hate her and they'll still be mad at me."

Mary gave a nod, but the truth was, she was hoping that if they had known then maybe Constance would finally not be a problem. No matter how hard she pushed and worked to earn Rose's trust, Constance was always in her ear the next second later. "They deserve the truth, don't you think?"

"I already lied to them," Rose admitted quietly. "I told them I did it to myself." Shrugging, Rose kept her eyes down at her lap. "It sort of is my fault though."

Reaching out, Mary placed her hand on Rose's knee. "Don't do that to yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. The entire time we've been here, you've been through hell, and choices were made for you. If I know my boys, I know they'll understand."

"Constance won't," Rose said. Slowly, her eyes pulled away from her lap as she looked up to Mary. There was a darkness in her eyes and it was not from being a demon. It was from all the pain and break inside her that followed after meeting Constance. She had been pulling her apart and making her into something she wasn't. All Mary had wanted to do was hold Rose in her arms and take her away from it all. It had been a struggle for Rose to even speak to Mary as is with Constance around, but this was different. It felt good to feel open, but guilty because Constance made Rose believe that Mary was something she wasn't.