𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

DEAR JACK,
Before the cravings begin to settle in,
Learn to embrace the sin.
Once, I had indulged myself into finding a new fix.
Only that fix never did reach a solution.
Don't listen when I say it won't pull me back in.

❂

ROSE HAD MADE HER WAY TO HER ROOM AFTER SPEAKING WITH JACK. He hadn't been in the best mood after coming back from the alternate universe. A part of him missed Lucifer. That part that did miss him had only felt that way because he wondered if Lucifer could have been a parent figured in his life. He lost his chance with his mom and was now getting a chance with Lucifer and once again, he felt he lost.

Rose had pushed her bedroom door open only to find she wasn't alone. Sitting on her bed had been Constance with a book in hand. Rose had made her way around the bed and took the book from her and held onto it tight. "This isn't your room."

Constance had fought back the instinct to react the way she would have. It had all been because Lucifer had asked her not too. Otherwise she would have grabbed Rose and shown how awful she still was. Instead, Constance allowed her hands to fall into her lap as she looked up at Rose. "I wanted to speak with you."

"I can't open a rift for him. Even if I could, I wouldn't."

"This isn't about Lucifer," she said in a hushed whispered. "This is about starting over. This world... it's everything I wanted for you. The daughter I had... she was dangerous and she hurt me."

"I don't hurt people," Rose spoke up. She told herself this even when all she felt was that she had let down everyone around her. For some reason, she felt Constance deserved to know that.

Standing up, Constance had nodded her head in understanding. "I know that now." Reaching out, she took one of her braids in her hands before letting it fall back down onto Rose's chest. "You're much more than she was. I see how you feel about those hunters. I want to understand you more."

Rose's guard began to go down as she took a seat on her bed. This was the kind of mother she wanted from Constance in the first place. Someone who cared and wanted to know more about her. "This is my life. These are the people I've always been with. I can't change it and neither can you."

"I wouldn't want to change it," Constance lied. Only her words had been convincing enough that Rose had visibly relaxed herself from her words. "I need you to know I'll be there for you just as those Winchester's are."

"You hate them."

Constance shook her head, faking her disbelief well. "I hated that they had you and I didn't. I love you, Rose. I can put aside any differences for you. You're my daughter and I'd do anything for you to see me as your mother."