𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

DEAR JACK,
For once I am at a loss for words
Almost like I'm afraid to hurt myself.
The other way is for you to hurt.
Even I couldn't bring myself to do that to you.

❂

SAM'S PLANS WITH JACK WERE NOT GOING AS PLANNED. In fact, he felt he had messed everything all up. Not even able to last more than a few minutes, he had called for a break to clear heads. Jack was pressured to do something he was unsure how to do and Sam had no clue how to move forward.

He had left the library for their break, leaving Rose and Jack staring at a pencil. Not being able to bring his powers to move a pencil was not what had bothered Jack. It was Sam leaving just like when Dean had to leave the bunker to escape him. "I shouldn't have said anything. He hates me."

Leaning forward, Rose gave a tap to the table. "The thing about Sam is, he understands you without getting frustrated. He doesn't want to pressure you and push you like Asmodeus did."

"But I didn't want a break."

"Sam needed it," she clarified. Sam Winchester hated being seen as evil towards anyone. He never wanted anyone uncomfortable because he had done something he did not intend. After all that Jack had been put through, he did not want to be the bad guy. "He wants to help but he isn't sure how."

"I don't want to take a break. I think if I keep working on it, it'll come to me. Maybe it will make Sam feel better." Convincing himself to keep on pushing, Jack turned to his pencil, putting his full concentration on it.

Unable to watch it for long, Rose picked up the pencil before Jack gave himself a stroke. Holding the pencil up to him, she made it obvious she wouldn't let him continue. "First of all, stop staring at this thing like you're gonna blast it with lasers. All you wanna do is move it."

"I'm trying," he grumbled, taking the pencil back. With a small sigh, Rose scooted her chair over to Jack to hell him get through this. "This isn't about whipping it into another dimension. You start small and work your way up. We just need it to at least move an inch. Don't overthink, don't strain yourself. Don't ask it to move, tell it."

Silence had filled the air as Jack had tried to listen to Roses words. Of course this had led him to overthink everything and this was putting him into a mess. "I told it to move and it didn't."

This had stumped Rose on how to explain herself further. It had been easy for her before but it was much harder to tell someone how she felt when she did it. Then something had hit her and she attempted to hit Jack in response.

Catching her by her wrist, he was wide eyed in worry at her open hand coming at his face for no good reason. "What was the for?"