𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

DEAR JACK,
Rest is difficult when I dream of the past behind.
Unless you know how to stop the darkness ahead.
Not until then will I stop thinking of the dead.

❂

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚—
𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙚
𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩

THERE WAS NOTHING ROSE WOULDN'T DO TO FIND JACK. He had been missing on a cold night and all she had wanted was to sit in a motel room with him, watch TV and forget about the cruel world around them. He was a perfect distraction even if he had often felt more like a job.

Pulling her jacket tightly around her, cold breaths of air had escaped her lips from the freezing air. She remember how important Jack was to Kelly and how she had promised her that she would help Jack in the world he would be born into. Even if she had expected a newborn to be her newest job, having Jack older and able to hold himself together was much better. It was easier to connect with him and in a way, made her feel like there was a chance she'd have a friend. And having a friend in a line of work that involved killing monster was not as easy as one would hope.

Sitting alone in a dark alleyway, Jack had tried desperately to hold on to the memories of his mother. It was all he had left of her after all. He wished she was here tonight. Kelly would've made sure to take him somewhere safe and feel like home. But tonight, he had felt anything but.

Hearing sound of her footsteps approaching him, Jack glanced up at Rose making her way towards him. If he hadn't felt so alone, he would've smiled. Already it had been the Winchester brothers once again falling behind and Rose first to find him. She had been there yet again when he had wanted someone to tell him it would all be okay.

There wasn't anything Rose felt that she could say that would make Jack feel better. She had been in his place before. Dean had hated her, seeing nothing but evil and wanted her gone forever. And there was Sam Winchester, standing for what he believed in— and that was her.

"Everyone's looking for you." Roses voice had been  soft as she spoke her words carefully. "I thought you'd leave for good."

Her words had made Jack feel worse. Not because he was crushed the same way Dean had hurt him, but because he had hurt her and that made him mad at himself. "I couldn't sit there. I made everyone mad. I keep screwing up."

"You don't screw up. What's happening with all of us, it's hard, but it's not your fault. I just don't know if I can handle you disappearing on me again."

A small smile had came to Jack's lips but he couldn't meet her eyes just yet. He was feeling the guilt for leaving, but he did remember that she was the one who had searched for him just like before. "You always find me."