𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

DEAR JACK,
I don't care for me,
And I'm not too sure I care for anyone.
Anyone besides you.
You make me be everything I've ever wanted to be.

NOT TOO LONG AFTER THE WINCHESTER'S ARRIVAL, THEY HAD GOTTEN THE CAMP TOGETHER TO HEAD OUT ON A LONG JOURNEY. The plan had been to meet up with Bobby and all those that stayed with him, then straight to the rift to head back to the other world. Everyone was cautious on this journey to be certain that Michael and his angels would not interfere. The longer it would take them to get to the rift, the more likely it would be closed when they arrived.

Gabriel had not known Rose well enough, but he had been the one to convince her to scout up ahead with him and Castiel. He told the others it was his charm and good looks, yet Rose's newly stuffed pockets filled with candy had said otherwise.

She had been quiet as the angels were only a few steps ahead. Castiel had tried to keep his distance and allow Rose to come to him. She had always came to him whenever she had anything to open up about and there was a mutual trust between the two— this time was different and he could feel it. Stopping in his tracks, he told Gabriel quietly to scout ahead so he could talk with Rose on the way back.

Gabriel didn't bother fighting about it. He did what he had to do to get her to come along in the first place— the rest was up to Castiel.

Rose knew what was coming when Castiel had stopped and Gabriel had continued to move on, so she had stopped and looked to Cas. "Was this the plan? It's your way to talk to me alone, I'm guessing."

"You seem sheltered," Cas began to explain but Rose hadn't given him the reaction he had expected because she didn't give him one. She hadn't even attempted an excuse, she just waited for him to continue. He swallowed hard as he felt his eyes lingering off her. "Mary briefly explained what had happened but I'd like to hear it from you."

Rose had motioned for Cas to follow with her back towards the group. He had seen this as a step in the right direction with her. As long as she was willing to walk with him, then maybe she could give him some of the information he was looking for. "I don't need someone always watching me, you know."

"You never did. I've always trusted you to know how to watch yourself."

Rose had felt guilty for a moment, but decided against giving Cas what he was looking for which happened to be human emotions. "Then what is it, because I could have helped Gabriel if he came across any of Michael's angels. I can do something now. I'm finally able to help out."

"You've always helped out," he said softly in confusion. "No one is mad at you. We care for you is all. Dean may have a difficult way of showing it... After all he's been through..."