XIII. coffee or smoothie

I marched out lazily dressed and the instant that Pierce caught me still in my house slippers, he shot me a stern face and twirled his fingers, indicating to me to turn around and go back in my room to go change into something more suitable for the public because apparently, when I said 'let's get coffee,' it really meant that the two of us were going to go out to a café and converse.

"But I thought we were just going to sit on the sofa—" I tried to reason with him.

"No."

"Oh come on, there's a perfectly good coffee machine in the kitchen." I groaned.

"You're lazier than an older sibling blessed with a younger sibling to enslave when it comes to shutting their door." He raised his eyebrows. The man was sitting comfortably on the couch, checking his phone.

"Well you're more irrelevant than the 1998 Pocahontas II film."

"I'm impressed with your comeback you unseasoned, rawly-cooked sushi with no rice."

"Flattered." I shot him a glare, "I have your papers, Flapjack. One more word from you and I'm flushing it down the toilet like how Nemo almost ended up."

I thought the man had given up as I reached my bedroom door, about to go in, before I caught a loud sigh from him on the couch as he muttered under his breath, "сегодня будет долгий день."

I bit my bottom lip out of his sight and silently cursed in my head. It had been so long since I had to recall this one minor detail about T6's Beta, and that was the fact that the Commander was multilingual.

I went into my room and shut the door tightly, locking it from the inside. Clearing my throat, I imitated the way I heard Pierce talk just now into google translate and waited for Siri to translate secretly.

❝ 'Today will be a long day.'

"I heard that," Pierce shouted from the living room, "Hurry up and stop messing around."

"Stop Russian me," I groaned.

"... You better pray to Jesus and friends that I didn't just hear your lame pun, Risa."

"If that's how fate does me," I picked my stance as I eye-raped the door with a deep breath in, "Soviet."

I heard him sigh and drop his phone on the couch on the other side of the door.

▂▂▂▂▂

Adorned in basically the same clothing but with a hint of public manners, I exited my room as I waved the papers at Pierce to reassure him that I have it to bring with us. Pierce had his own folder that the sheets had belonged to tucked under his top coat.

I stayed close to the wall opposite of the man as I suddenly addressed an important issue at hand. "Should we really be discussing T6's business in public?" I frowned slightly, "Especially now that I know you're Beta?"

"Like anyone will suspect me by the way I drink my coffee," the man responded.

"It ain't that literal," I deadpanned, "How about you consider the issue of T6's matter being private?"