Texts froms exs

A/N: Hey again (No one thought of this happening! I didn't think I can do it too) I was out but one comment got me thinking that I soon as I get home I must write a chapter because you people are amazing and you nearly reached the previous goal in no time !

I cannot thank you enough! 

This chapter has no goal ( comment as much as you want and if you don't want to it is okay)

This is my gift to you

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cordelia's Pov: 

           Breakfast went perfect. I love Tobiah's parents. I met them, a long time ago. Since the first minute though, I felt relaxed around them. My guarding walls crumbled in front of their niceness and warmth . Jade and I , at our first met up, started talking and Tobiah was surely our topic. She promised to give me "tea" on him if he ever slacks down and stops putting effort into his work. I simply felt right at home with Jade and Marcus. They sounded like my parents and acted as crazy as mine did. 

"They love you." Tobiah noted as he drove us back to my house so I can change out of his jersey and go back to the company.

"I love them too." I honestly told smiling at Jade and Marcus's words: they called me the daughter that they never had and I felt honored and happy.

        Enjoying the avocado toast and smoothie, I forgot all about time. Tobiah is usually bad at keeping track of our working hours but I was on top of the game...Hearing Marcus's jokes and Jade's teasing lines, I forgot all about work and focused just on the "now" and "here"...I laughed hard with them forgetting all my problems , even the little rice-grain growing inside me. 

        Tobiah seemed the most relaxed here. He surely loves his parents a lot. No matter how they tease him, he seems to just tease back and laugh with them...Their relationship is goals and I for once started thinking that he might truly be an awesome dad. He might be great if this rice-grain ever makes it for the full pregnancy. Should I give him a chance to be the next Marcus? Should I respect how family oriented he is and allow him to have his kid? 

         Hearing two different beeps, my clouded ideas stirred away. My eyes followed both sources firstly my phone which rested on my lap and Tobiah's which laid on the dashboard. Looking funnily at Tobiah, we both chuckled at how fate seem to synchronize our phones. Turning his head back to the road, the sunlight and easy breeze kept on playing  with his hair giving him some sort of a halo. His smile never faded as he stopped at a red light and reached for his phone.

      Mimicking his action, I grabbed my phone. My eyes read the unknown number over and over but it did not click at all. The sending number did not remind me of anyone and I had all business, family and friends numbers saved with pictures and logos. Feeling a faint headache starting to form, I gave up and opened the text to read it all. My eyes couldn't but bug out. Repeating each line and word ten times, I couldn't but question how! 

"Rafael" I hushed to no one in particular.

"Lana." the same tone rushed from my side.

       Catching each others' mumbled words, Tobiah and I stirred to meet each others'eyes. His eyes looked harsh and distant. They kept on gazing upon my face searching for an unknown thing. Doing my own search, I wanted to get how he is feeling about Lana texting him again? Is he happy or still angry at her? Will he forget about our one year contract because we still have ten months to go? Refusing to look away, I held his gaze. Well, at least a driver behind us started cursing and beeping loud...Excuse him, how rude!