"Mr. Anderson asked to tell you that he'll be in France for the next one week or so." She said suddenly turning to look at me and just like that, I felt like someone poured a bucket of ice water on me.

He really hated me that he didn't want to even spend a day with me.

What kind of idiot leaves his wife the day after their wedding? I hoped she didn't see my face fall but by the sad look on her face, I could tell she noticed.

"When did he leave?" I asked in a sad tone.

"Around five this morning."

"Oh–okay. Thanks." I said getting up to go back to my room, I wasn't gonna cry because I already did enough of that last night but that didn't mean I couldn't feel bad. I felt horrible.

"Can I make breakfast for you?" she asked in a hopeful tone.

"That'll be great thanks."

"Alright I'll just bring it up to you when I'm done."

"Thanks Jane."

I got to my room and went straight to my bed.

I felt empty.

I couldn't cry and I couldn't laugh either. I knew I couldn't go to work for another week or so and I didn't want to call Cami or any of my family members so I wouldn't bother them with my problem.

I decided to go online and check on my mails when an headline pipped up.

'BILLIONAIRE JASON ANDERSON FOUND IN FRANCE THE DAY AFTER HIS WEDDING'

I knew I wasn't gonna like what I would see but apparently my brain and my hands were not friends at that moment and before I knew it, I was tapping on the headline.

When it opened, it read,

Billionaire Jason Anderson was found in France in the early hours of today after his huge wedding which took place yesterday. We're beginning to suspect that there's trouble in paradise because his wife Kayla Anderson wasn't seen with him. We all expected them to be in an expensive honeymoon but instead it seems Mr. Anderson is here in a business trip with his wife back at home. Could their marriage be ARRANGED?

My heart broke a little at the fact that they had managed to figure this out even though they were not really sure about it. I got really tired and closed my laptop to stare at the ceiling and since I couldn't cry anymore, I managed to sleep but even that was short lived.

My phone rang and Cami's name piped up but I didn't pick up. Dray was next to call and I did the same thing but when I realised I wasn't gonna pick up, I decided to switch off my phone.

I didn't want anyone's pity especially from my family and I didn't want to bother them with my problems even though they were the ones that put me here in the first place.

I spent the whole week just being inside and not going anywhere. The only reason I was probably still alive was because Jane came regularly to check on me and feed me even after I told her not to bother most times, the lady was stubborn but I was grateful. Her food was amazing though.

I hadn't stepped out from the house in six days because of the paparazzi especially and I read articles about Jason frequently succeeding in his business while I stayed home being a waste. I hadn't switched my phone back on and no one had come to visit me which I was grateful for.

I was just staring at the beach and listening to the waves crash against the shore when something finally clicked in me.

This wasn't me.

I wasn't full of self-pity and I sure as hell didn't allow a man to judge my life. Tony never did that so why the hell was I making Jason do that?

I decided I was going to go back to work on Monday regardless of everything I would probably face.