n i n e

P a r t  t w o

P a r t  t w o

Bailey Jane shivered as she felt something brush across the tips of her fingers as she lay in the grass. It had been happening a lot recently when she was missing Adrian. 

Her kidnapper had just been sentenced to eight months in prison for the abduction of Bailey Jane Thomas and nothing had been the same since. Not for her or the town.

"Bee, it's time to come inside now. Its getting damp and mom doesn't want you getting sick."

When Bailey continued to stare at the sky, Presley sighed and bent down to scoop her up off the ground and take her inside. "Are you missing Adrian again?"

"Yes," she whimpered. "And his hot chocolate."

Presley chuckled lightly, though there was a sad look in his eyes. "I miss him too," he whispered. "He's watching over you though."

"How do you know that?"

"Because if he's still the same Adrian i remember from highschool; he hates breaking promises. And he promised he'd look out for you. Don't worry Bee," he said as he set her down in her bed. "Take a nap. You must be tired." He tucked the blankets over her and walked out, leaving her alone in her room.

But she didn't feel alone.

Bailey sighed as she felt something feather light brush over her cheek.

Don't worry ginger baby. Im watching over you

Bailey drifted off to sleep at the soft whisper next to ear. It all felt like a dream.

▪¤▪¤▪

"It's starting to get creepy with how much you watch that kid," Ramiel said as he drifted over to Adrian who was watching from the other side of the yard.

Adrian scowled and willed himself to tear his eyes away from the beautiful girl. "I need to know she's okay," he sighed. "Look at her, she's sad without me. I need to go back."

"Look," he sighed. "You're lucky her father even gave you the priveledge of watching over her. You're gonna have to be thankful for even being able to admire from a distance."

"You're probably right."

"Damn right i'm right."

Adrian chuckled and pushed away his second best friend. Presley being the first; even though he hadn't seen him for six years.

Adrian picked favorites because sometimes Ramiel just rubbed him the wrong way. He could get annoying with his cocky attitude. 

"Don't you have anything else to do other than watch her?"

"I'll go after she's asleep."

"Fine," Ramiel groaned as he stepped away from Adrian. "Don't creep her out by your unrelenting staring. She'll probably feel like someones watching her soon enough."

Adrian nodded even though he most likely heard only the beginning of Ramiel's sentence. He was too busy watching Bailey.

That's all he did nowdays.

▪¤▪¤▪

"What are we supposed to do then dad? She's not herself. They developed a really strong bond in their childhood. She misses him."

Kingsley sighed and rubbed the space between his eyebrows. "He could get arrested. He needs to lay low."

"Did you know he wasn't dead all these years."

"Yes. But it was illegal to even mention his name. I'm sorry son."

Presley nodded and shook his head sadly. He thought he had lost his bestfriend.

But he was there the whole time.