Chapter forty five: Wedding day

"Hurry up Nika you don't want her to be late to the church" Debby said to Anika who was doing my make up.

"Calm your horses" Nika said and Debby rolled her eyes. She was excited because she received news yesterday that she was pregnant and now I was getting married so she was 'over the moon' her exact words.

"She can't be late" a voice came from behind and I opened my eyes to see Claudia standing there with a smile on her face. Eileen too was here. I returned the smile and they came to hug me also.

"I'm so happy I could cry" Claudia said cleaning fake tears from the corners of her eyes.

"Stop being such a dimwit" Eileen said smacking Claudia's head ruining a side of her hair. Claudia huffed and then Eileen laughed hugging me also.

"Uncle Diego said to hurry" Cara said coming into the room closing the door with so much force.

"Coming" Anika said in a dismissing tone.

"My brother will be stunned" Lola commented off hand. 

"Do you think so?" I asked with a little uncertainty in my voice.

"Why not" Eileen said with a tone that told me not to argue with her.

"I'm very good at my work" Nika said and almost everyone nodded. The door opened and Nick's mom pops her head in with Hayley.

"How much more time do you need?" she says jokingly and we all snap our heads to her. When Hayley's eyes meet mine I can't help the smile that reaches my lips. She smiles too and comes in fully walking towards me with gentle steps.

"You look beautiful mommy" she said shyly. I smiled and hugged her with all my might.

"How are you?" I murmur into her head. She nods in response and I take that as I'm fine.

"Come along Hayley we have to get down to church" Mrs. Forest said closing the door slightly before opening the door back again "Come soon" she said before walking away.

"Let's get you into the dress" Anita said referring to the wedding dress that had been on the hanger hanging there. The dress was chosen days before the wedding and I didn't choose this myself. I could even get married in a sack because I felt as if it was a waste of money all along.

"Finally" Lola murmured looking up from her phone where she was typing away.

"Someone seems to be too excited" Eileen said addressing her.

"I know" Cara responded pushing me to my feet so that I can put my dress on.

"I'm going to close my eyes so I can be wowed when I see you in the dress" Claudia said just being her usual playful self.

"I should close mine too" Lola said joining Claudia to have a little fun this time.

The door opened and Reese and Tess came in with a smile on their faces.

"You are still not ready" Tess said with a smile on her lips but a roll in her eyes.

"Give me a break people" I said just getting tired of everyone bugging about getting ready on time. "I'm going in" I say jokingly.

When the dress comes on me and I tightening it around my waist. It fits so perfectly. I turn to the mirror and look at myself. I actually feel so beautiful standing there in that dress and the thoughts if actually walking down the isle to marry someone who I have grown to love puts a smile on my face.

"You look so beautiful I could cry" Claudia said and Lola sniffed in response.

"I didn't look this good" Debby whined and Jade gave her a look of disapproval. "What I'm saying in essence" Debby continued "is that you slay in everything you wear."

"I second that motion" Tess said holding her hand to her chest.

"The veil" Eileen said and we all snapped out of the trance. I finally got ready and ready to leave the place.

We get into the car and drive to the church. It's the same one we had Debby and Adams wedding three months ago. When we arrive I see Lila waiting for us there. She has a smile on her face. I give her a hug and I go to stand by the door. My dad comes by my side. He has tears in his eyes but a smile lines his mouth. He looks proud and I'm the center of his pride. I feel so fulfilled.

"I thought this day will never come" he said in a joke.

"O dad" I say my arms snaking to his neck. He smile and hugged me back. I just smiled and hugged him back. We stood there. The door opened and then the bride maids which consisted of Anika Anita Lola and Cara matched in with Claudia as my chief bridesmaid. Crazy right I know but then, everyone seemed so okay with that.

I finally detached from my dad. When the bride match song came on. We marched in slowly. I felt each step with the whole of my mind. I was nervous but I felt as if I was making the right decisions all along. When I finally stopped at the front of the altar. Nick stood their with a big smile on his face. Aaron James and Joseph were his groomsmen with Jacob as the best man.

My dad hugged him and gave him a pat. He held my hands and put it his hands. "She is your responsibility now" he told him with a half hearted smile before going to sit beside my mom.

The wedding ceremony started. Since I was a shy person I decided that we should have our vows read the traditional way. The wedding ended with our March out as we approached the reception hall that was to be used.

Everything was just fine. We had fun and danced until he finally whisked me away to the airport so we can go on our home moon.

"What about Hayley?" I ask once I see we are alone on the private jet.

"I don't think children are allowed to see what is going to go on this few days" he murmured his lips so close to mine. My cheeks heated up but I decided to play obvilious to the fact of what he was intending.

"And what is that?" I asked him trying to keep my blush down.

"I don't have time to explain, I just have to show you" he said and then crashed his lips to mine. I had already expected it so I just smiled into the kiss and kissed back.

"This?" I asked pulling away from him.

"And more Mrs. Ana Forest" he murmured to my lips and I smiled.

"Ana Forest" I murmured