Chapter thirty six: Day out 2.

Day out 2.

We were all sitting in a cafe. The first stop where we decided to have brunch before heading for a shopping spree. The table was so quiet that everyone was busy sipping on their coffee silently.

"Are you guys serious" I groan out because my effort to start a conversation had proved otherwise. They always answers in short replies.

"You can't possibly still be mad at yourselves" I say thinking about the thought.

"I wasn't the one who ran half way across the world so I couldn't talk to him" Debby said stiffly

"It's was for a good course" Mark answered and Debby's eye brow quirked up like it was ready to fly away.

"Good course?!" Debby exclaimed in a scream like voice.

"Yeah" he said as of he was being serious with everything in the world.

"Will you please elingthen those of us who don't understand" Debby said sarcastically.

Mark seemed to miss the sarcasm because he began to truly enlighten us.

"If I had not gone half way across the world we will have being engaged-" Mark began to say but she was cut off by Debby.

"And being engaged to me was a bad thing?" she asked with an incredulous expression.

"I never said that" he defended. "It's just that I can't see you in that way" he replied sheepishly. "We've know each other for a very long time now. I think us dating and not working out will have ruined our friendship" he said and she smiled.

"I understand but you shouldn't have stopped picking my calls" she said as if she was scolding a child.

"I'm sorry, now that I look back I finally realize that I was being slightly immature there were ways I could have handled it better but now it's all in the past" he said in a apologetic voice.

"I'm sorry for being so hard on you" Debby replied and I finally felt they had made up and this made me glad than anything in the entire world.

"I'm so happy" I exclaimed pretending to win fake tears from my eyes.

"Non of this will have happened if you weren't still afraid of your mother at nineteen" Debby commented and Mark frown lightly but it wasn't the type that said he was angry.

"And you are still afraid of her till now" I finish for her.

"In my defence, she is very scary" he said hands up.

"Your mom is too sweet" I pipe in and he looked at me and mouthed 'support me' and I shook head at him.

"Yeah I mean she's always taking good care of you" Debby said and took a sip of her coffee. It's could be cold by now I thought to myself. "So when do we meet the unlucky girl" Debby said changing the topic.

"The way you say unlucky makes me think you are actually jealous" Mark said a smirk crossing his lips.

"Adams is way hotter than you and well he has this caring personality and doesn't act like a jerk" Debby said sweetly. Anyone witnessing this will think that they were at each others throats.

"I doubt it is the same brother that comes home to me everyday" I tell her she slaps me lightly on the arm and I jerk away from her. "What was that for?" I ask narrowing my eyes.

"For telling lies" she added quickly answering my question.

"I'm not ly-" and I was cut of by another smack. "And I'm violent" I mutter under my breathe.

"Why don't we get ready to leave for shopping" Mark added and I was shocked at him. He usually used to run away with my boyfriend that time so he could escape shopping with me and Debby. If he thinks we are bad then he hasn't met my mom.

"Are you being serious" Debby ask him dropping her cup in the middle of the table.

"Riley made me like shopping. I don't hate it that bad again. I just dislike it" he said and I clapped my hands together.

"The coffee is on you" I say as we made our way out. He strutted to the counter gave the girl a charming smile. She was probably a highschool girl because he eyes went open and she blushed. He spoke something and left her front.

"You're engaged" I told him as soon as he caught up with us.

"I wasn't doing anything" he protested and I laughed at him.

"When do we get to meet her?" I ask and as he proceeds to answer we are stopped by all three of our phones chime at the same time.

"Weird" I said pulling out my phone. The message made me pause in shock dm reread and reread again mad again.

You are invited to the Christmas party at Flairs auditorium. A committed of the
Hills Family.
Knights Family.
Lockhart Family.
Marshall Family.
Forest Family.
Gates Family
Dilton Family
James Family.
Date: 25-12-17
Time: 6pm.
Be there.

"Who the hell are the James family?" Debby asked after looking up from her phone. Guess we got the same message. "Or even the Dilton?"

"Who do you think is behind all these?" Mark asked ignoring Debby's question.

"We have to wait and find out" I tell Mark and face Debby "I have no idea I guess we have to wait to find out who they are" I tell her and she nods. "I guess we at networking now what a great way to build connections" I tell them and they scrunched up their faces.

"Well let's get shopping then" Debby said and we continued towards Mark's car.

"Do we get to meet Riley then?" I ask and he nods. "At least that will be very fun. I wonder what they have in mind."

"I bet that my mom and yours is behind this" he complained. I'm not complaining though I get to spend the holiday with each and very one of them without over thinking it.

"Can't be my mom though. She's too quiet for all these" Debby said.

"Wish I can say the same about my mom" Mark murmured and we laughed. Mark's mom had always been a pain the ass. But she was always very sweet.

Hey guys while writing this chapter. I was thinking about how happy I will be to be a fictional character. I love my characters and I love Mark. If I'm chances someday I will write a book on him but not now. I have a lot on my hands. A lot could have happened in his life and I think his will start way back from high school. Love you guys.