Chapter twelve: I have to make this work.

I HAVE TO MAKE THIS WORK.

"I will call you this night before I sleep" I say as soon as I was about to leave Anna's office. She had followed me our of the building to where my driver was waiting.

"You don't have to if you are busy" she says looking all cute.

"I have too moreover you are my priority now" I say with a wink.

"Very funny Nick" she says with sarcasm.

"Bye Ana" I said kissing her cheek.

"Bye Nick" she muttered I stepped inside the car. She watched as the car sped off and she kept waving until the car was our of sight.

I MUST DEFINTELY MAKE THIS WORK.

"Mr. Forest there was a call for you from England" My secretary said as soon as I entered my office.

"Who was it from" I asked with a smile.

"It was from a hospital, they said you should contact them quickly" she said coming closer to the table.

"Thanks" I said.

"You seem so happy today" she said with a smile on her face. "Why?" she asked confidently. I'm sure she thinks she can be this way with me because we shared a kiss.

"Do you want to loose your job?" I ask her and her eyes widen more than a fraction.

"No sir" she says immediately.

"Then please don't meddle in my personal matters" I say to her. "But in case curiosity is killing you I got a girl say yes to me today not just anybody but a very special person" I said and get face went red with either embarrassment or anger.

"You can please leave" I say and she quietly leaves.

I sigh and open my phone before dailing Doctor Jessica.

"Well hello Nick so nice of you to call me". She said as soon as she picked up the call.

"Jessica nice to hear from you" I said following her tune. "You called?"

"Yeah something came up actually." she said slowly as if she was giving a bad news.

"Jessica everything I mean everything is alright" I asked.

"Yes you can say so but she has been overdosed by one of the nurses and it's been three days and she hasn't woken up" she says with panic.

"What?!" I shout. "And you are just telling me this now?"

"I wanted to observe her for a few more days to see if she will wake up but she cannot so after tonight I'm going look for alternatives to wake her up" she explained.

"I'm coming over to England. I will be there don't do anything without me knowing." I say standing up to pick my things.

"We can handle...... "

"Jessica please I'm coming okay?" I say and hang up.

I rush to dad's office to see him.

"Dad I have to go to England" I say as soon as I enter.

"Why? What happened this time" dad asked standing up.

"She has been overdosed for days now and I've haven't been told anything" I say angry with Jessica but the most part angry with myself.

"Please calm down, you just got yourself a new girlfriend today and then you are leaving the country already" Dad asked even though he knows I'm not going to answer him.

"Son please let's be rational I mean they are doctors and they can handle this things. Give them one more day and if they mess this things up we fly out and change her hospital" dad said holding my hands.

"I have to go and I will call Ana to let her know I'm out please dad" I ask more like pleading.

"Okay Nick but you have to be very careful" Dad said. "Go home and pack I will tell the pilot to fill up and wait for you" he sighs finally.

"Thanks dad" I say as I walk briskly away from the office. I enter my car and drive home.

"Hey brother you are early" Lola said as soon as I entered the house.

"Yeah I'm going to England" I said as I tried walking up stairs. She was behind my trail.

"What happened?" she asked immediately.

"She had been overdosed. I have to go immediately" I say as we enter my room.

"I will help you pack" she said as she brought down my small bag. "For how many days do you think you'll be gone?" she asks me.

"I don't know I just hope she wakes up soon enough you know what I mean. If not I will be there for days" I said as I threw my casual clothes in there.

"That means I will crash over at moms house until you come back" she said.

"Please don't stay here alone okay?" I say moving to hug her. "Anyways mom can't allow you to stay alone here"

"Take care brother and call me as soon as you land" Lola said as we were outside and I was in the car.

"I love you and I will call you" I said giving her a hug again.

"I love you too. Now go" she said pushing me with a slight smile.

I enter and drive so quickly to the airport. The driver takes the car ready to take it back home. I enter the plane ready to take off.

I don't think I can keep still for the next eight hours I mean who can when you know you have an emergency.

"We are ready to take off please put on your seatbelt......." the pilots voice said bit I zone it out and soon enough we were flying.

I couldn't keep still on the plane. I felt so agitated. I just hope that nothing in this world is wrong with her.

Hey guys it's not Monday like I promised. Next chapter up today. I'm so sorry I couldn't keep to my promise but I was so busy. Who do you think he is talking about. Don't worry you will soon get to know who it is. But I may decide I don't want to tell you now.
Love you guys so please
Vote
Comment
Share
💞💞💞💞
Swiftpen's love.