"Care to explain, Miss Reagan?"

"I'm sorry." I mumbled again and looked at the ground. I could hear the sound of her high heels as she approached me.

To my surprise, she slid a hand under my chin and lifted it. "Look at me." I flinched and kept my head down, cowering away from her touch. I wasn't used to people coming near me. I quickly stood up. She reached for my arm firmly. "That wasn't a request, Miss Reagan. That was an order, and I expect you to obey it." Something in her tone demanded obedience and I wasn't usually easily intimidated. I trembled slightly as I allowed her to lift my chin up, not pulling away this time. She met my gaze in determination and stared me down with those intense, icy blue eyes. I struggled to hold her gaze until eventually, she released me. "Sit down."

I quickly complied. She pulled a chair out and situated it directly in front of me. "I like you, Miss Reagan. You demonstrate great potential as a first year taking a third year class. But this is the second time you've disrupted my class this week." Technically I wasn't the one who disrupted her class, but something told me it would be stupid to point that out now.

"I-" I was about to promise that it wouldn't happen again, but Kylie was truly unpredictable. I prayed that she could finish this case as soon as possible and leave campus. She raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm sorry." I apologized again and lowered my eyes.

"Please make sure that your friend-"

"She's not my friend." I corrected in annoyance before blushing.

"Then who is she to you?" Dr. Williams stared at me in...amusement?

"She-" I stopped and bit my lip. What could I say to her?

"Yes?" She reached forward and tilted my chin up again, forcing me to meet her eyes.

"A relative." I murmured. "My parents are forcing me to show her around. She's not used to university etiquette. I am so sorry."

"You should not need to apologize for others." Dr. Williams responded quietly, still holding onto my chin. "I suppose it isn't your fault that she interrupted." Finally, she sighed and released me. "You may go, but make sure to be on time next week."

"I nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

~~~~

"Kylie!"  I stormed into the office. "What the hell!" I had initially come into the office looking for Chase, but he wasn't in.

She glared right back at me. "I was about to say that! Couldn't you tell that I needed help? I overheard one of those boys saying something was going down in McCallister Hall. You couldn't just take me there? It would've only taken five minutes of your time."

I stared at her incredulously. "I'm not your personal guide dog, Ky. You need to get better at following people and use a map if necessary. I shouldn't even have to tell you this. Don't interrupt my class again."

"What are you two on about now?" Chase walked up behind Kylie.

"Nothing." I grumbled. I had no more energy to deal with this right now

"Then come to my office. I need to prepare you for the case."

I gave Kylie one last glare before following Chase into his office.

"Ari..."

"If you're going to try and convince me not to go again, save it."

Chase sighed. "Fine." He placed his laptop on the table and flipped it open. We waited for whatever he wanted to show me load in silence. Chase opened a folder of video files. He suddenly blocked the computer from my view. I glanced at him in confusion. He took a deep breath and exhaled. "Ari, what I'm about to show you...keep in mind to stay calm, alright?"