Procrastination. Why we do it and how to beat it.

Quite a few people would like to call themselves lazy. Maybe the even call themselves a procrastinator. In was way these two things go hand in hand. What do I mean?

Well, let's see. If you're lazy you don't want to do things. You just want to lay around all day for the most part. Then you have procrastination. When you procrastinate you constantly tell yourself that you will do it later or you'll start to do it and you'll inadvertently procrastinate by getting distracted.

Like let's say you need to write an essay for LAR or English, but you just don't really care about the topic. You might start to procrastinate. Even if you are interested in the topoce you are writing about, you still may procrastinate.

My sister is a great example of a lazy procrastinator. She has admitted to being both countless times, so even if she does read this she won;t really care. Hopefully.

Why do we do it though?

Maybe like I said you just don't enjoy doing the thing you have to do.

Maybe you're interested in what you're doing, but now that you must do it in a specific amount of time, (like say before your parents get home from work) it just isn't fun anymore.

Being giving a time limit might also make the urge to procrastinate even more challenging to over come. I don't know about you, but I like to do things on my on terms, so when I randomly do the dishes without being asked, it doesn't bother me so much to do them. When I am put on a time limit, I absolutely, positively, DO NOT want to do them.

Now onto the next thing how to beat it.

1.Try making it fun. If you think up a fun way to do it, it will make it seem less annoying of a task.

2. Try making a to do list as soon as you wake up in the morning. Make sure to put times on when you do things or at least a rough idea. Also don't forget to give yourself time to just relax otherwise you won't want to do the other things on the list after the first few.

3.Maybe try putting the thing in front of you so it's continually reminding you that it's there. Or maybe leave notes the night before repeatedly reminding you.

4. Watch a video to get you inspired. I've seen some great videos that make you want to get up and do things. I suggest the video by Superwoman It's call, "5 Minutes of Epic Motivation" She has it in all caps. Another video that I like is, "The Greatness With > Motivational Video" by MotivationGrid. There are also many other videos on youtube that can give you motivation to do the things you need to do all you have to do is look up motivational videos.

Both links will be in the comments for you.

Those are all the ways I really know, but I will be doing another chapter after this one to tell you some ways I found after doing some research along with why we actually procrastinate.