"Good morning sweetheart." My mother smiled at me from the bottom of the stairs, clearly having forgotten about last night's incident already.

"Good morning." I hesitantly descended the rest of the stairs. My mom held out a four leaf clover. It was our tradition that before every school year (or term now that I was in university), mom would go find a four leaf clover to bring me luck. I gingerly took it from her and smiled. "Thanks, mom."

She kissed me on the forehead. "Good luck, darling. I'll see you tonight."

I nodded and walked towards the door. I checked the bus times on my phone. I had a car, but I preferred to only use it for work purposes. I left the house and walked to the bus stop. Four minutes later, the bus arrived and I boarded, taking my usual seat at the very back. I inserted my headphones and began to block out the world around me.

~~~~

"Ari? Arielle, godammit, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see a very frustrated Kayla shaking me. Kayla usually got on six stops after me.

"Huh? What?"

"We're here!" I looked around in confusion and sprang to my feet when I realized that we were already at campus. The bus driver stared at us in annoyance.

"I'm so sorry." I quickly grabbed Kayla's arm and ran off the bus. "I don't know what happened." I yawned. "I don't usually fall asleep."

"You must have been really tired." Kayla stared at me sympathetically. She glanced down at her phone and opened her schedule. "What class do you have first?"

"Psychology with Olivier."

"Me too!" Kayla squealed. "Let's get there early."

I shook my head in irritation. "I can't. Got to go  meet Lukas and Kylie. I suppose boss told you as well?"

Kayla nodded grimly. "Yeah. No offence, I feel sorry for you, but at the same time I'm glad I don't have to deal with it."

I sighed. "Well, what can you do? I'll meet you in psych. Save me a seat!" Kayla nodded and walked off. I took another look at my schedule. I was intending to graduate with a major in Sociology and a minor in the Applied Sciences.

MONDAY

10:30 - 12:20: Psychology 154 (Brandon Olivier) [Lecture] - Benson 1600

1:30 - 3:20: Criminal Justice 310 (Isabelle Williams) [Seminar] - Stafford 6700

WEDNESDAY

10:30 - 12:20: Chemistry 101 (Terrence Archer) [Lecture] - Monnet 2900

1:30 - 2:20: Psychology 154 [Tutorial] - Benson 3200

2:30 - 4:20: Sociology 129 (Charmaine Morales) [Lecture] - Benson 3400

FRIDAY

9:30 - 11:20: Sociology 129 [Tutorial] - Benson 4100

11:30 - 12:20: Chemistry 101 [Tutorial] - Monnet 2300

1:30 - 3:20: Criminal Justice 310 (Isabelle Williams) [Seminar] - Stafford 6700

I quickly memorized my schedule and placed my phone away. I scanned the area for Celine as I approached Stafford Hall. "Ari!!"