"Yeah." Dean agreed grimly, "Something these nice, big gates can't protect them from."

Later on that day at Jax's house...

Dana was dozing on the couch, with the vampire novel The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova lying next to her, as Katie watched.

When Dana stirred awake she gasped at her daughter, "Katie? What are you doing?"

"Play with me, mommy."

"Okay, sure..." She nodded as she got up and put her book away, "Yeah let's, um, let's play.

"Oh, good." She hugged her mother tightly, "I love you, mommy."

"I love you too, sweetie."

Dana looked over and caught sight of Katies reflection in a mirror. Her skin was gray, veined and blotchy. Startled, she pushed Katie back in alarm, only to find that she looked normal. Looking back at the mirror in panci, she also looked normal there.

Katie looked up at her, "I'm hungry, mommy."

Dana nodded her head, visibly shaken, "Yeah..."

Katie watched Dana blankly as she turned toward the kitchen.

At another suburban house the next day...

Angel and Sam, both dressed to pose as insurance agents, spoke to another young mother.

"We're very sorry to disturb you, ma'am." Angel smiled politely, "We just really want to expedite that life-insurance policy."

"Of course." The mother took them around back, where a ladder leaned against the wall, "This is, um, where he fell."

"I see." Sam nodded, "Now, how exactly did he-"

"He was just inside changing a light bulb. Must have lost his balance."

"Were you here when this happened?"

"No." She shook her head, "I was out. Uh, the only one here was our daughter, Dakota."

Inside, Sam and Angel met the eyes of a creepy little girl who was looking out at them, presumably Dakota. Angel got the same vibes from her that she did from Katie when they met the other day and something was off. Something dark red that was smudged on the window and railing below the little girl caught both of their eyes as well.

"Okay." Sam nodded and noticed the red smear was also on the garden gate, "Well, uh, I think that's all we need."

"Okay."

Angel smiled politely again, "We'll get out of your way now."

"Thank you."

She turned and went up the steps with Angel and Sam behind her. Sam motioned to his sister when he saw a strange injury on the back of her neck: it's an oval, with multiple dots around it, like the mark from a sucker or teeth.

Once they got back to her car she turned to her brother grimly, "Ill drop you off at the motel. I just wanna pop in on Dana and Jax and make sure everything's okay."

At Jax's house...

As Dana made a grilled cheese she put a hand to the back of her neck, as if in pain. Katie looked up at her when she set the sandwich in front of her.

"Thank you, mommy."

"You eat. Mommy will be right back."

Katie stared balefully at the sandwich, while Dana left the room. Frazzled, almost to the point of breaking, she entered the bathroom and locked the door. She looked at her neck in the mirror, noticing a red mark forming, then startled at a sudden banging on the bathroom door.

Katie pounded on the door, "Mommy?"

"Just- just give Mommy a second."

She looked in the mirror at the mark as Katie pounded hurriedly at the door.

"Let me in. Mommy! Let me in! What are you doing?!" She pounded even more ferociously, "Let me in! Let me in! Let me in! Let me in! Let me in! Let me in!"

"Give Mommy a minute!"

The pounding and rattling continued to build, until it stopped suddenly as the doorbell rang. Dana collected herself and walked outside the bathroom. Katie was gone so she headed downstairs and opened the door to reveal Angel.

"Oh, uh... Jax is at work but he should be-"

"I actually came to check up on you, Dana." Angel studied the frazzled woman worriedly, "Is everything okay?"

"Um, well..." She leaned in closer to Angel as she shut the door a little as well, "Have you- have you figured out what's happening?"

"Not quite, Dana but-"

Dana gasped when Katie came back downstairs to stare at her, "Look, um, I cant really talk right now."

"Okay, well, here..." Angel handed her a paper with her number scribbled on it, "Call me if you need anything. Im five minutes from here alright?"

Dana nodded before shutting the door and leaning on it.

"I want ice cream!" She jumped at Katies voice, "Mommy. Ice cream, please."