"Sorry but what the heck are you two doing?"

I drop my bags on the floor when I see JungKook and Hoseok both covered in flour from head to toe.

"It was his fault." My brother points to JungKook, throwing the blame on him.

My boyfriend frowns and I chuckle. Some flour is falling off him as his hands fly on his hips.

"It was your idea, hyung!" He says.

"But you agreed-..."

"It sounded like a good idea at the begi-..."

"Yah, shut up, both of you." I say. "Let's get you cleaned up and cook something before I fry you both."

"Where were you?" My brother asks as he takes a towel to get rid of the flour on his skin.

"Shopping with Danbi. And we ran into Seulgi unnie. They convinced me to buy a dress for the party on Sunday." I answer while I washing my hands.

"You got a dress? Well that's nice." Hobi says smiling. "Can I see it?"

"You'll see it on Sunday, oppa." I smirk playfully and he sighs.

Then he looks at JungKook and smiles.

"I really need to do something right now, I'll be back." He says, leaving the kitchen.

"Yah, you still have flour all over-..."

"Don't worry, I'll be cleaning up." He sings while walking towards his room, leaving dashes of flour on the floor.

I sigh and turn around to face JungKook.

I haven't seen him since the day we kissed in that classroom and I can't help but feel awkward about it now.

Not really for what I've done, but for what I haven't.

"Let's clean up." I say silently.

JungKook didn't move.

"What?" I ask cautionously.

JungKook sighs, moving his gaze towards his feet.

"Nothing, I..." He says. "I just wanna ask you if you're alright..."

He hesitates. But I know exactly what he's talking about. So in order to make him feel confident again, I step towards him smiling.

"I am fine, JungKook." I say. "Don't worry about me."

He nods and we both start cleaning up. Eventually Hobi returns and helps us finish the cleaning.

After that he turns around to face me and asks:

"Do you maybe have any idea why Jimin left for Busan out of the blue?"

I almost drop the towel I'm holding. I lean on the kitchen counter, trying to act lightly.

"Maybe he's just wantrd to see him parents?" I suggest. "I don't know."

"But." Hobi stops and stares at the wall blankly for a second. "Nevermind, drop it. I thought Seulgi might've told you something about it."

"She didn't." I assure him.

Maybe she didn't know either.

"How do you know he left for Busan?" I ask him.

"I asked Taehyung. Jimin told me last night he wouldn't come to practices today and I wanted to make sure he's alright without bothering him too much."

"I see." I mutter.

So Taehyung knows. Most likely, he was the first person who found out about Jimin's plan.

The thing is... there's a part of me saying Jimin hasn't left for Busan just to see his parents. He ran away from something.

Or maybe... maybe from someone.

***

I knock at the door for the second time, waiting for someone to open it. However, nobody does. So, finding myself standing in front of the door of my childhood house, I assume it's alright for me to go in just like this.

I'm about to say "Hello?", but I stop when I hear voices coming from living room.

Screams.

"This is stupid! I've told you to stop wasting time on useless things-..."

"This is not stupid, nor useless, why can't you listen to me at least once?"

That's JungKook.

I step towards the source of the noise and stop behind a wall in order to figure out what's going on.

"How can it not be useless when it doesn't have anything to do with your future?"

"This is my future, dad!"

Wait a second.

JungKook's dad?

No wonder I didn't recognize his voice, I've never ever heard him screaming.

"Illusions. Son, you know I want the best for yo-..."

"No, stop saying that, I'm tired of it! This is what makes me happy, this is what I'm gonna do!"

"You're so naïve! You can't study music further, it will lead you nowhere!"

So that's what it's all about.

"Why can't you trust me just once?"

"I've already encouraged you to follow studies in law, police or medicine, maybe even business so you can take over my company when you'll be older..."

"I don't want to! None of that would truly make me happy, dad!"

"What do you know about happiness? You're just a kid! Listen to me!"

"No!"

"JungKook, we've had this discussion before, you will not study music and that's it! Now let me take this..."

"No, put it down!"

I step closer to the edge of the wall so I can peek at what was actually going on. The tension in the air was so dense that it was almost visible. I see JungKook's dad holding a black covered notebook.

JungKook's written songs.

"This is all useless! You need to get your life together!"

"Grandpa would've been so disappointed of you!" JungKook shouts and I feel fear rising in me the next second.

"You don't know anything!" Mr. Jeon says and pushes JungKook, full of a rage I haven't seen before.

JungKook stumbles. And falls. And hits his head in the corner of the coffee table.

"JungKook!" I scream and run towards the boy who was slowly drifting into unconsciousness.

His father stares at me with wide eyes, and JungKook tries to turn his head to look at me. I see, none of them had acknowledged my presence there. Mr. Jeon calls my name, but I don't pay attention to him. I help JungKook get up and when he does eventually, I help him stand. There was a little bruise on the left side of his forehead. I snatch the black notebook from his father who looks at me like he's seen a ghost, but doesn't oppose. I take JungKook's hand in mine and pull him after me in the hall.

He doesn't even ask me what I'm doing.

He obediently puts on his boots and takes a coat from the hanger, before I open the door and we leave the damned house.

I expect his father to come after us, to try to stop us from leaving. Nevertheless, he doesn't. And at this point, I think I understand more than I hoped to.

_____
And the countdown until the ending begins! :)
Sj❤