Chapter 27

Chapter 27

NATE

“You stupid fool!!” scolded Neil, “You leave her just because your stupid head told you that she still love Mike?”

“Stop yelling at me,” I scolded him back. “I know what I’m doing!!”

“Yeah right, by letting her go! You’ve give up on her just because your mental brain said so.” yelled Neil. “I thought you would listen to your heart and not your stupid head but I think I should have known how stupid my big brother are!!!”

“Enough Neil, I don’t need your advice! We’re done and finished!!!” I yelled at him and bang my door in front of his face indicating to him that I don’t what to talk about me and Shy anymore.

It has been 3 days since I came home from Oxford. Neil had given me a cold shoulder ever since our outburst when I first came home that day. He still couldn’t accept that I’ve have walked out on Shy. Doesn’t he know that I’m doing all this because I wanted her to be happy? I could feel she still loves him, even though she tried to convince me otherwise. If you don’t love someone you wouldn’t let him kiss you even if you didn’t kissed him back, am I right? What difference does it made whether you kissed back or not? You still kissed.

For 3 days I’ve been trying my very best to forget about her but failed. I felt so lost like part of me is missing. Even though we’ve only been official as a couple for 2 weeks, Shy has always been the biggest part of my life. I felt horrible and lonely what more with Neil cold attitude towards me. I don’t have anyone to talk to. Mom hasn’t been saying anything about Shy and me since she found out about our break ups. She would talk about something else but I could see that she’s too was saddened by it. I know she loves Shy and I remember how Mom and Edna were ecstatic when they knew about us. I know I have let them down.

I was on the way to kitchen when I heard Neil was talking to someone on the phone when I passed by his room. I tried to listened to whom his talking to.

“I’m glad to hear that Shy.” So he’s talking to Shy. I wonder what’s she’s telling him. Is she with Mike? Is she back home with him right now?

“So are you coming?” I heard him asking. God, how I wish she said yes.

“Oh, ok, I understand Shy,” he sound disappointed with her replied, “Hey, whatever it is I want you to know I love you. Yeah, I’ll come and see you. With Kimmy of course,” he laughed. “Ok, bye, love you too,” and suddenly he was at the door catching me eavesdrop his conversation with Shy.

“Eavesdrops hah?!” he scolded.

I blushed, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to do that,” I apologised. He glared and without a word walked away from me.

“She back with him right?” I couldn’t stop myself asking.

He stopped and turned towards me, “No she did not. She break off with him the day you came home, but why would you care? You don’t believed her why would you believe.....”

“She did what?” I cut him off, “She broke off with him?”

“Yeah, she did, you stupid fool,” he scolded me. “She left him because she doesn’t love him anymore. She’s in love with some stupid fool who listen to his mental brain instead of his heart!”

I sighed deeply, “I am a stupid fool,” I said softly.

“Huh,” snickered Neil, “Now you realized!!”

I felt so miserable. I’m such a stupid fool for not believing a single word Shy told me. I have hurt her. I remembered the hurt I saw in her face when she tried to prove to me that she loves me but I still don’t believed her. I still remembered the hurt in her voice when she told me that she’s going to throw my love away from her heart. Damn I’m really am a fool for not listening to my heart earlier.