Chapter 14

Chapter 14

SHY

“What?” I looked at him wide eyes. He can’t be serious but then saw his eyes twinkled. He was joking. Phew! What a relieved…. or maybe not?

“I’m not your girlfriend!” I hit him.

“Yeah,” he nodded, “You are a girl and you are my friend, so girl friend,” he grinned,

I gave him a boring looked, “Stupid!” I scolded “You know what I mean!” and he laughed.

“Well, I have actually interested in someone but she’s already with someone else at the moment,” he explained.

“Does she know?” I probed further.

“Knows what?” he asked.

“Know that you like her?” I clarified.

“Nope,” shaking his head.

“Hmm,” I said thinking, “Do you think she’s interested in you too?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged.

“Does she shows you any sign that she likes you too,” I asked again.

“Hmm,” he pouted his lips thinking, looking so cute, “I don’t know.”

“How come you don’t know?” I asked angrily. “You should at least see a sign from her body language whether she likes you or not.”

“I don’t know how to read a body language. I’m not psychologists or anything,” he scoffed. “And since when did you become so busy body about my personal life?”

“I’m not busy body,” I defend. “I’m just curious that all. A guy like you should have someone special in his life.”

“Well, miss busy body,” he mocked, “I already have someone special. I’m just waiting for the right moment to tell her how I felt.”

“Is she the one that you told me earlier just now?” I questioned and when he look confused I explained, “The one that you said that you interested in?”

“Maybe,’ he casually shrugged giving me a hint that he’s not interested to continue. I pouted my lips and keep quiet.

I couldn’t help myself wondering who that girl is. Is she studying in the college as us? Is she beautiful? Nate must have really like her because he willing to wait for her. Damn, what a lucky girl. I sighed.

Nate looked at me with worriedly, “What is actually wrong with you?’ he asked curiously.

I gave him a weird look, “Nothing.”

“Come on Shy,” he urged, “I could feel there’s something wrong.”

“Nothing,” I pressed. “I’m fine.” He still looked worried and I added, “Really.” I assured him giving me convincing smile.

He sighed and turned his attention on the road. I looked at him and continue wondering, why my heart felt so heavy when I imagine him with someone else. I can’t be jealous, can I?

I sighed again and Nate cast a worried look at me again. Smiling at him I said, “I’m fine,” I assured him. “What time you want me to be ready for the party?” I changed the subject.

“What time does the party start?” he asked.

“8.00,” I simply said.

“Well I think you should be ready by 7.30 then,” he shrugged.

“Ok,” I smiled but can’t stop imagine how Claudia would seduce him. I sighed again.

“You sighing again,” he pointed out. “You still don’t want to tell me what’s wrong?”