Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Edited by NutellaSandwich

NATE

I saw the door open and Mike’s mother came out with a man I assumed was her husband. They both looked at me and Mike's mother said something to the man before they both walked towards me. I stood up to greet them.

“Hi, you must be Shiloh’s friend,” greeted the man, extending his hand for me to shake. “I’m Jake Sullivan, Michael’s father.  I assume you've met my wife, Nancy Sullivan.”

I took his hand and smiled, “Nathaniel Smith, Shiloh's boyfriend,” I told him matter-of-factly. Since he used their full names, I might as well have told them my full name.

“Smith?” he asked, “Any connection with George Smith from LA?”

Nodding my head, I confirmed, “That’s my dad.”

“Hmm, no wonder you resemble him,” he joked and we both laughed while his wife was looking weirdly at us. Her husband then explained to her who my father is. She nodded and glared at me.

“How long have you knows Shiloh?” she asked narrowing her eyes at me.

I shrugged. “Since we were small. Shy and her mother used to live with us,” I told her.

Her eyes widen. “Oh, her mom was your nanny, am I right?” she asked sarcastically.

“Yeah, she was, but we never treated her that way. She was considered family and more like my second mom,” I stressed.

She glared, probably not happy with my reply. “Did you know that Shiloh already has a boyfriend?” she annoyingly asked, to provoke me I guess.

“Definitely,” I told her bluntly.

She snickered, “And you still want to be with her?”

“We only decided to be together when Mike started to ignore Shy,” I straightforwardly told her. “If your son loves her, he wouldn't ignore or neglect her.  He would call her and return her calls.”

“Are you suggesting that my son doesn’t know how to treat his girlfriend and that you’re better that him?” she scoffed, widening her eyes at me as if to indicate how angry she was with my answer.

“I’m not saying that, but I know one thing: I love Shiloh and I not going to let her go,” I told her proudly.

“Huh, we shall see about that,” she leered, “If Shiloh can change her mind about Michael, she can change her mind about you too.”

I chuckled, “I don’t think she will.”

She was about to say something but he husband cut her off. “It’s Shiloh's choice Nancy. It’s up to her who she chooses.” He then looked at me and extended his hand, “Well Nathaniel, it was nice meeting you. I’ll see you around.”

“Nice meeting you too, sir,” I shook his hand and looked at his wife who was still glaring. “You too ma’am,” I said, nodding my head at her.

He smiled and pulled his wife toward the cafeteria. Thank god they finally left me alone.  I sat down on a chair and continued waiting for Shy. I wonder what she’s doing alone with him there. Catching up on things that happened while they were apart? I doubt Shy would mention me to him because he still weak.

It had been almost an hour when I saw a nurse go into the room. Shy finally came out with a sad face but when she saw me her face lightened up. She smiled sweetly at me.

“So how is he?” I asked Shy when she stood in front of me.

“Pretty bad,” she sighed.  “He can’t remember a thing, not even his parents. I guess we still can’t tell him about us until his memory back,” she told me sadly.

I sighed. “How long will that be?” I ask trying my best not to show my frustration, but I think I failed.

She gave me an apologetic look, “I don’t know. It might take days, weeks, months or maybe years.”

“And you’re going to wait even it took years for him to fully recover?” I fumed.

She chuckled putting both her hands on my cheek, “No dumb head, we’re not going to wait that long but I’ve promised him that I’ll help him to regain his memory.”

“And how long will that take?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know,” she pouted her lips, “Hopefully I can do it in a couple of days.”

I sighed, “So, does this mean for these couple of days you will be his girlfriend?”

“No,” she said softly pulling my arms around her, moving closer to me, “I’m your girlfriend, Nate. I’ll be his friend during those couple of days.”

I wrapped my arms tighter around her. “Really?” I asked softly.

“Yes,” she nodded, “I’m yours Nate, forever yours. I’m going the help my friend that’s all. Once he’s feeling better, we’re going to tell him about us.” Shy gave me a reassuring smile.

****

MIKE

“Could you help me to sit by the window,” I asked the nurse sweetly. She smiled and nodded, wrapping her arms around me and assisting me to the window.

“Are you comfortable, Mr Sullivan?” she asked sweetly bending towards me showing her beautiful round breasts.

“Yes thank you,” I smiled seductively at her. “Call me Mike,” I said softly to her grazing my feet purposely at her feet.

Still smiling sweetly at me, she moved closer to me. “I’m Julie,” she said kindly. Hmm, she really likes what I’m doing.

“Sweet name,” I flirted. “Just like the person herself,” I continued, moving my hand on her tights and underneath her skirt. She moved closer and opened up her legs giving my hands access to move further up. My hands nearly reached her lacy panties when suddenly my parents walked in and we both quickly moved apart.

Julie quickly cleared her throat, blushing. “Is there anything else I can do for you?”

“No,” I shook my head. “That’s all. Thank you,” I winked.

“No problem,” she smiled sweetly, “Call me if you need anything.” With that she nodded at my parents and walked out of the room. Phew, I don’t think my parents realize what was happening because they both just smile sweetly at Nurse Julie, thanking her.

I looked out of the window enjoying the view when suddenly I saw Shy walking out of the hospital. She was walking with a guy and his arms were securely wrapped around her waist. They were laughing and they looked like a couple in love. Who is that guy? She’s not cheating on me is she? Or is he the reason why she kept calling me before the accident? To break up with me and tell me she’s found someone new? Shit! That’s must be the reasons why she called me non-stop that day. She wanted to break up with me! Damn it. That’s why she pulled away when I tried to deepen our kiss. That also must be the reason she didn’t rush here when she heard about my accident. DAMN IT. DAMN IT. DAMN IT.

She can’t do that. I’m not going to let her do that. Jessica left me and if Shy thinks I’m going to let her go then she’s wrong. No way. NEVER!  I know Shy's weakness. She is the kind of girl who easily sympathizes towards people and I think that’s the reason she didn’t tell me about him today: because I’m weak and lost. HAHA. I’m going to make her felt so sad she doesn’t have the heart to leave me. I’m going to make her leave that bastard instead.