Chapter 15

Chapter 15 – Edited by DoneWithLove

SHY

I looked at myself in the mirror. Yeah, Nate is right, I look like a slut. Well, he didn't actually say it, but I know what he meant. Mike would always prefer me to dress like this whenever I went to a party with him. He always said that he felt proud when his friends think his girlfriend is sexy. I guess Nate and Mike is two totally different people. I'm glad I'm with Nate right now, because I never felt comfortable wearing any sexy clothes, especially mini skirts.

Following Nate's advice, I took off the mini skirt and changed into my skinny jeans. When I walked out of my room, Nate was already at the living room waiting for me. Why does he always have to look smashing in anything he wears? Like right now, he's wearing a blue stripped long sleeved shirt and jeans. He left several buttons of the shirt unbuttoned, showing the white round collar T-shirt his wearing underneath. His hair was messy and not nicely combed, as he usually does, but it fits with his image right now. I think he is more into fashion than I am.

He looked at me and gave me an approving look, “Hmm, you look much better this way. Still sexy, but better,” he commented.

I glared at him, pretending to be angry, but actually I felt so glad he approved.

He laughed, ”Whose party, were you saying, again?” he asked while walking down to his car.

“Claudia’s, my course mate,” I responded, “She’s from Houston and rents a house with her friend. She’s beautiful and you will definitely like her.”

“Oh, really?” he smirked.

“Yeah, definitely,” I nodded. “She’s friendly, clever, and everything a man would ever wish for,” I added. Well maybe, by making Nate like Claudia, I will be able to take my mind away from him.

“It sounds like you’re trying to sell her to me,” he mocked. “You know when you try to sell a product, you praise and said all the good things about it. Are you trying to do that?” God, he knows me too well.

“Of course not,” I hit him, “I’m just telling you so that you would know who Claudia is. She’s a very nice girl. She would make a good girlfriend or even a wife, as matter of fact,” I tried again.

He chuckled, “Well, thank you for the information, but sorry to disappoint you, I’m not looking for either one at the moment. But I’ll definitely try, to market her out for you.”

“Nate!” I scolded, “Urgh! You are so unbelievable,” pouting my lips at him, but actually, I’m glad he’s not interested at all. God, I am so mean.

We finally arrived at Claudia's place around 8.15pm, as I'd gotten confused with the address.

“Shy, thank God, you’re finally here!” greeted Claudia when she opened the door for us, “I thought you weren’t going to make it.”

“I’m sorry, Claudia,” I apologized. “We got confused and took a wrong route,” I explained.

“It’s okay,” she smiled. “At least you’re here,” she said, turning to look at Nate.

I suddenly felt uncomfortable again. I looked at Nate, who was smiling at Claudia. Without wasting time, I introduced them, “Nate, this is Claudia, my course mate, the host.”

Nate shook her hand, “Hi, I’m Nate, Shy’s friend.”

She smiled, “I know. I’m so glad you could come to. ”She pulled Nate into the house. I sighed and followed them, from behind. Nate seemed to realize I'm walking behind him. He held out his hand to me and I gladly grab it. He smiled and both of us were dragged, by Claudia, into the house.