Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Nate

“Whoa,” laughed Neil looking at me with wide eyes, “Did I interrupt something?” he asked excitedly.

“Yes, dumb head,” I hit him. Damn! I’ve nearly kissed her just now and I’ve got a feeling she wanted it too. Damn Neil, always wrong timing.

“Sorry,” he chuckled.  “Wow, I still can’t believe my eyes. Did both of you nearly kiss just now?” he asked giving me an amusing look.

I glared at him, “Yeah, we were and I’ve would have kiss her just now, thanks to you,” I fumed.

He laughed, “Wow, unbelievable. You think she actually likes you?” he queried.

I gave him an uncertainty look and shrugged, “What do you think?”

“Hmm, “rubbing his fingers under his chin thinking, “I think she does,” he nodded.

I grinned, “You think so?”

He smiled confidently at me, “Yeah, I think so.” Wrapping his arms around me he advised, “So big brother, I suggest you start showing your charming side and stop teasing her for now on, so that she will see the best side of you.”

My grin become wider, “I definitely will do that,” I assured him.

Sadly, it never happen, Shy had been avoiding me since our “nearly kiss” incident.  She avoided looking at me and what more than being alone with me. She made sure she would walk in front of me with my mom or Neil. Neil seems to notice it too but giving me a hint to let her be. So I backed off, although it’s hurt.

The same hurt I felt when she did it when we were kids.

****

SHY

I stole a glance at Nate when he’s not looking while eating our lunch in the restaurant after walking throughout the park for hours. I’ve been avoiding him since the incident at his balcony. I couldn’t bring myself to talk and look at him when I know I would be blushed thinking about what nearly happen just now. He looked so gloomy not his normal cheerful self. I feel so bad but can’t help wondering why he had to look so hurt when I did that. Normally he just didn’t give a damn about it.

“I think we should go to your place afterwards and help you to move your things to Nate apartment,” his mom suddenly says. I glanced at Nate before turning my attention to her, but he just acted as if nothing was discussed in front of him.

“Yeah, Shy,” added Neil. ”While I’m here, Nate and I could help you,” he looked at Nate who remained quiet.

He pushed his unfinished food to the front, “No,” he winced and pressed his fingers on his forehead, “I don’t think I can help.”

“What’s wrong, dear?” his mom giving him a worried look.

“I think I’m having my migraines,” putting one hand on his head while the other dug into his pocket. He took out a pill container and took one pill, popped it into his mouth and drank the mineral water his mom handed to him. He face turned pale.

“I think we better take you home,” his dad suggested looking at his eldest son with worried face.

“It’s ok,” said Nate stopping them, “I can take a cab back home. You just go ahead with your plans,” he suggested.

“No we’re taking you home,” his dad said and we all stood up. Uncle George looked at me and Neil, “Why don’t you both finished up your lunch and do whatever you want to do. We’ll be at home,” he suggested.