22: I Love You

I unwrapped my legs from around Landon's waist as we finished. He rolled next to me, both of us just slightly out of breath. Landon had been very gentle and careful with me, and it had honestly felt great, now it was all just a matter of how he felt about it himself. Normally I wouldn't care at all how the other party felt about it, as long as I felt good and we agreed to meet again, I was satisfied. But there was no way I could do that to Landon. He was too precious to me, and I couldn't let us fall into this kind of relationship with no future. I'd wait to talk about it in the morning when the both of us had had some time to think this over.

I ran my hand through my long hair and looked to my side where Landon was. He had the blankets up to his abdomen and an arm bent near his head. He had completely passed out. I knew he was tired, but that was still quick. I turned on my side and scooted closer to him. As long as he was here, I might as well take advantage of the situation a little while I still could. I placed his other arm around me so that it rested up against my back as I laid my head on his chest. It was nice and cozy. I was glad he could finally get the sleep he needed, and I couldn't help but note that it was only when he came to me that he could finally relax and fall asleep.

It took me some time to finally fall asleep, so I spent my time listening to the steady beat of Landon's heart. I placed my hand on his chest, next to me head, as they both rose and fell while he breathed. I just really hoped he didn't regret having sex with me. I could handle it if he wanted to just stay normal friends or, ideally, if he was in love wit me as I was him. As these thoughts ran through my head, I drifted off to sleep.

Landon woke up first. When he woke up, I woke up not long after since I could feel him stir under me. I had planned on waking up first so that I could put some clothes on and not be sleeping on him so things wouldn't have to be as awkward. Too bad that didn't work out at all. It felt like I hadn't stirred in my sleep at all, which was very unusual. Landon shifted his free arm to the sheets that ended just below his chest and covered my shoulders. I opened my eyes and didn't move my head. Maybe it would be better to let him think I'm still asleep for now. Landon lifted the sheets a little and looked down. I looked down with him. Yup, we're both still naked and that did happen last night.

I could feel his heart race a little as he let go of the sheets and ran a hand along my cheek, still thinking I was asleep. Hopefully that was a good sign; he didn't regret it. I lifted my head a little and looked up into Landon's eyes.

"Hey," I said, a little awkwardly.

"Uh, I'm sorry about last night. That was a little uncalled for and sudden," he said with a faint blush.

"No, no it's fine. That was something I wanted, too, and plus, it felt good."

His blush darkened. We sat there for a minute in silence.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked.

"I'm much better now. Thanks," Landon replied.

"So... what about us? You don't regret it do you?"

"No, of course not."

"Okay, good. I guess I'll make something clear, then. I'm in love with you, Landon, so please don't get all weird around me now."

Landon didn't say anything and instead brought me to his face and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "I'm in love with you too," he whispered before kissing me again.

Landon and I had a rather... passionate morning after our confessions. Landon traced his fingers and tongue along my many scars while we had sex for the second time. He was still as gentle as he was last night, though this time I could better understand his feelings through his actions now that I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way about the other. Every touch and caress of his fingers along my skin just screamed his affection for me.

"You really do have a lot of scars," Landon commented as he traced the largest one that ran down the underside of my right forearm.

"What can I say? I ran around a lot as a child without a care in the world and I never watched my step. That and I'm prone to shitty situations," I said. I got up from the bed to finally put some clothes on. It was also about time that I took a shower after all that had happened last night and this morning. "Put some pants on," I said as I threw Landon his pants from the floor. "Let's take a shower."

"Together?"

"Would you rather take separate ones? I just thought this would be faster."

"What about your roommates?"

"I don't think any of them are back yet."

"Okay."