14: Stay With Us

I found myself falling asleep on the short car ride home. JayJay and Dad argued over something I wasn't interested in listening to. Landon didn't say much. I figured that was because a lot of shit had just gone down so he was probably all pumped up on adrenaline and so now he was crashing. I could say the same for myself. And it was just so tempting to lay my head down on Landon's shoulder since he was sitting very close to me. After fighting off sleep for a good ten minutes, I felt myself falling too far to wake back up, so I just let it happen. My head found its way to Landon's shoulder and my body slumped onto his in the process. I could feel Landon's head turn slightly to look at me before I fell completely unconscious.

I felt someone shake my shoulder and opened my eyes to find Landon's face very close to my own. Much closer than I was expecting, so my eyes widened in surprise but neither of us made any movements away from the other.

"Uh, we're at your house," Landon said as his cheeks turned slightly pink.

"My house? Or my parent's house?" I asked, leaving my head on his shoulder but turning it to face him directly.

"Your parent's house."

"They probably want to discuss who kidnapped me."

"I just figured they were worried about you and didn't want it to happen again."

"Ha. everyone in my family has been kidnapped for one reason or another at least once in their lives. This is standard procedure. Honestly, if we're worried about anyone, it'd be you since you weren't supposed to see anything. You're gonna have to stay with us, at least until school starts back up."

Classes started in three days. That was probably enough time for Dad to figure out who took me, if he didn't already know, confirm it, and then deal with it with Mom. Mom and Dad didn't like involving outsiders in our family affairs, but these assholes started it, so they'd do whatever they needed to make sure Landon stayed safe.

I looked at Landon and watched his face. He didn't look too concerned, though there was a slight twitch to his face when I said I was worried about him. I finally removed myself from his shoulder and we got out of the car. Mom, Dad, and JayJay were already inside the house. They know not to wake me up, but there's just no way I can get mad at Landon, especially not in this situation.

It was late at night and it had been a long day, so I was beyond tired. It was way too much work to prepare the guest room for Landon. There was no way I was about to find our spare sheets and make him a bed, so he'd just have to put up with sleeping in my room. When the two of us entered the house, all the lights were off, except for the hallway light. That meant everyone else had gone to bed. I bet they didn't even think about where Landon would sleep.

"Okay, then" I said under my breath. "You're gonna sleep with me, I guess."

Landon looked taken aback and at a loss for words; like he was misunderstanding what I meant. I did say it in a kind of suggestive way, so I can see why he'd misunderstand. And I can't say it wasn't on purpose. His reaction to these things were more often than not entertaining. He hadn't let me down this time. I led him to my room and turned on the light.

"Turn around will you?" I asked and shut my door. I opened my dresser and pulled out some sweats to change in to. "Do you need some sweats or something? I doubt those pants are too comfy to sleep in."

"Oh, I'll be fine in these, thanks. So where exactly will I be sleeping?" Landon asked quietly, nervously.

"Hm, I don't really want to make you a bed on the floor. That's way too much work right now and I'm tired, so just share my bed with me," I answered and turned off the lights and got in bed. I patted the spot next to me.

"Are you sure?"

"What? Are you planning to do something other than sleep?"

Landon fumbled for words at my suggestion. I held in my laughter. I hadn't given much thought to what I wanted my relationship with Landon to be, but when I thought about this aspect of it, I wouldn't mind if he had said yes to my question. Even without thinking too much about our relationship, I could tell there was something fundamentally different about my feelings towards having sex with Landon and having sex with other people, I just didn't give much thought as to what that difference was.

"If you aren't, then how will this be any different than sleeping with my friends that are girls? Who knows, maybe some of them are lesbians and see me in a sexual way. I still let them sleep with me in my bed and would continue to do so as long as they don't do anything without my consent," I said. "Now come here."

Landon made his way to my bed and lifted the sheets. He sat down and pulled his bullet proof vest and shirt off then laid down. "It's not like they'd be able to do anything without your consent anyway," he said.

"You got that right."

I turned towards Landon on my said and stared at him. Since it was dark, he couldn't see my stare, so I could watch him to my heart's content. I watched as his eyes slowly began to close only to open again and then close as he drifted off to sleep. I found my eyes doing the same and soon after he had fallen asleep, I had as well.