16: Guest Room

Once we were all done eating breakfast, I dragged Landon with me to the guest room. Last night hadn't been that bad and I probably slept better than I have in ages, but there was no real reason to have Landon continue to sleep with me in my room when we have a guest room. Plus, Dad would get on my case about it. So, I went to the closet in the guest room and pulled out some sheets to make the bed. Landon and I worked silently as we made the bed. It was pretty comfortable to be around him, no matter where we were.

As we shuffled back and forth with the sheets and pillows, I couldn't help but think about our earlier conversation. I don't really know what came over me, but I just blurted out the question about Landon's love life. I could tell he was surprised and didn't know exactly what to think. His eyes had a little twinkle in them as they looked at me before he answered, and so that was mostly what I was thinking about. I hadn't asked whether or not he had someone he liked right now, just whether or not he thought he'd been in love in the past. I definitely hadn't. The few relationships I've had were only sex. I don't think I could have such a hollow relationship with Landon. And I don't think Landon could have that kind of relationship in general; with me or anyone.

"Alright, done," I said as Landon finished putting the covers on a pillow.

"Now what are gonna do for the rest of the day? Am I on house arrest?" Landon asked.

"No, not necessarily. It would just be better if you had one of us with you when you go out."

"Okay, sounds good."

"I'll talk to Dad later and see where he is on figuring out who took me. For once I'd actually like to be involved in the business so I can deal with this personally." I smiled to myself. Whoever took me was going to be in a world of pain in the near future.

"How exactly did your dad even know where you were being held?"

"They have so many connections throughout the town, and even the world. It's like they know just about everything that goes on, so I'm sure one or more of their acquaintances saw what happened or knew how to access cameras that caught what happened."

"Then, is that what your dad is doing now? Talking to connections?"

"Probably. I think right now all he needs is proof that the person or people he thinks did this actually did do it."

It was barely nine in the morning now and I was in need of a shower. I told Landon to either wait in my room or wait in the guest room until I was done. Then we'd go to his dorm room so he could pack some clothes for the next few days.

I got out of the shower and wiped myself down before wrapping the towel around me and walking to my room. Landon was laying facedown on my bed asleep. I didn't think I'd been in the shower that long, but then again, he must have still been tired from yesterday. That's a lot to go through for normal people. I went over to my dresser first and grabbed a bra and some panties and slipped them on, keeping the towel as much in place around my body as I could. I wasn't really into flashing people, just in case Landon woke up. Then I went to my closet and picked out some black pants and a green and blue striped shirt. I put them on quickly before turning around to find Landon still asleep. I guess it wasn't all that necessary to be so sneaky since he was fast asleep the whole time.

Landon squirmed a little as I sat on the edge of my bed and laid back on his back. I crossed my arms over my stomach and looked at my upside down wall. This really wasn't the most comfortable position, but I was also very relaxed, so until Landon woke up, I decided I would lay on him like this.