chapter 19 Dinner with his family

Start from the beginning

My mother convinced me of wearing a dress instead of a casual outfit, the upper part of the dress was black and the skirt was golden, I put on a golden scarf, and my mother gave me a golden necklace of her own.

" Mum this is too much " I complained.

" No, it is not, remember those people are really sophisticated " she said.

" Wow, great, you just made me even more worried " I said.

" No don't worry, everything is gonna be okay in Shaa Allah " she said reassuring me.

" Well where is shahd ?!! My little trouble bag " I asked.

" Ta da " she came out wearing a pink glittery dress with wings.

" Ah, kids " I complained facepalming myself.

We heard James's car outside, then the door bell rang.

" Well he is here " my mum said.

She went downstairs to open the door because I still had to put on my high heels shoes that would torture me all night.

I came down and James was speaking to my mother, suddenly he stopped speaking and looked at me opening his mouth.

" Woww " he said in amazement.

" Okay I guess you will have to close your mouth before a bird builds a nest inside it " I said sarcastically.

Mum and shahd giggled.

" Okay shahd let's go " I said.

" Bring them back at 8 " mum said.

We got into his car, I sat in the front seat, and shahd sat in the back seat and he drove off.

" So congratulations, your plan worked, are you happy now ?!!" I said.

" More than you can imagine " he said.

The problem was that I was being sarcastic, but he wasn't.

We arrived at the gates of his house, more like his mansion, the Atkins' mansion looked like a hut compared to it.

" Woww, that's huge " I said in amazement.

" Yeah, that's my thing " he said rubbing his fingers against his chest in an arrogant manner.

" Cut the cockiness " I said.

" okay, okay, I was kidding, sherw " he said.

" What did just say ?!!" I said.

" I said drew, drew Barrymore used to live here " he said.

" Really?!!!" I said like an idiot.

" No, but it was the only way to get away with calling you shrew " he said.

" You,..." I said hitting his shoulder.

" Ouch, that was really painful " he said in pain.

" You deserve it " I said.