chapter 17 Welcome back

James pov

I stayed for about ten minutes inside the room where Jannah was before I was caught.
A nurse came in and saw me putting my head on the pillow next to Jannah's.

" Out " she said sternly, pointing at the door.

I begged her not to turn the cassette player off, then I went outside.

Outside Jannah's room, her mother and grandmother were sitting and shahd has recently joined them.

It occurred to me that maybe they didn't have any food in hours, so I went to get some food and some drinks.

I got some sandwiches and some drinks, chocolate for shahd. Then I headed back to where they were. Surprisingly enough, I found Hassan, the reason why Jannah was in coma.

" I'm sorry mother, it's my fault, I'm sorry" he said begging and crying.

" What are you doing here?!!" I asked him angerily.

Hell, wasn't the punching session I gave him enough to leave this family alone.

" Please, please, I want to speak to my family " he said begging, I could sense true regret in his voice.

" Okay, let's not cause a scene in the hospital " I said to him, grabbing his arm.

" No, leave me alone, it is none of your business " he said snatching his arm.

" No, it's my business, your foolishness made it mine" I shouted at him

" James calm down " then she turned to her son and said, " Hassan, if you are here to ask me if I'm going to report it to the police, the answer is no, because I can't see myself testifying against my own son, but it's not my decision to make, it's Jannah's, when she wakes up in shaa Allah, it will be her decision to make, because she is the victim in this situation " The mother said sternly.

Suddenly, we heard loud peeping coming out of Jannah's room, then a group of doctors and nurses rushed in, my heart dropped, I thought there was something wrong with Jannah.

They closed the door behind them, not allowing us to see what was going on inside the room.
After a couple of minutes, they came out.

" She is awake " the doctor said.

I couldn't control my body, I pushed the doctor, and rushed into the room.

She was opening her eyes slightly, she was still very weak and fragile.
They took the tube out of her mouth.
I stood next to her bed, looking into her eyes, she was smiling weakly.

" Hay, welcome back " I whispered.

" You.... are.....here" she said in a very low voice.

" I'll be always here for you " I whispered back.

She didn't say a word, her smile just widened.

" My baby, my baby, Alhamdulilah " her mother cried, and hugged her for a really long time before letting go, her grandmother has done the same.

" So you are still alive!!!! " shahd said Jokingly.

" I..think..so " Jannah said laughing faintly.

All that time, Hassan was outside the room watching us, he didn't have the courage to come in.

Jannah saw him

" come..in " she said.

Hassan ran in, hugging her strongly to our surprise, he was crying and shaking voilently.

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he was saying to Jannah.

I wanted to separate him from her so bad, I didn't want him to touch her in any way, because the last time he did, he almost killed her.

" It's okay " she said putting her hand on his head calming him down.

I looked at her, and wondered how could a person be this sweet, how could a person be this tolerant, that's why that girl had captivated my heart.

Suddenly a familiar voice cut my thoughts

" How are you doing, Jannah?!! " the voice said.

I looked at him, and it was none other than Mr Zayn with flowers in his hand, I just wanted to punch him too, but I thought maybe he didn't have anything to do with Jannah's brother being crazy, it wasn't his fault.

" Thank.....you " Jannah said.

" Alhamdulilah, I know it may not be a suitable time but I need to speak to Jannah alone" he said.

Okay, that's it I'm punching him, I don't care if he was my teacher!!!

I was about to excuse my plan, when Jannah's mother said.

" Okay, we will give you some time alone ".

She grabbed my arm, knowing that I would be the most stubborn.

" Let's get out son " she said.

I surrendered to her decision, we went outside, all of us.
After the longest five minutes in my life have passed, he came out.

" I'm sorry for what happened to your daughter, and I assure you, I would never marry a girl against her will, your girl is very special and whoever will get to be with her is a very lucky person" he said with saddness hidden in his eyes, then he left.

I went inside the room.

" What did he want??!!" I asked Jannah.

" I told him.....the... truth...... he understood" she said.

" What truth?!!" I asked.

" That.... I don't... like... him." She answered smiling.

Her words reassured me so I smiled back.

But this moment of peace didn't last for long because the nurse came in, to kick me out of the room.

" Why Everytime I come into this room I find you?!!!" She asked.

Jannah laughed faintly at her words.

Two weeks passed

Jannah left the hospital, and of course she refused to report the incidence to the police, she didn't want her brother to get into trouble.

When Jannah was in coma, I was so close to losing her, so I took an oath that when she wakes up I'm going to ask her out, on a proper date, it was time to let her know about my true feelings.

But I didn't know how she would take it, so I decided to go to speak to her mother, I knew Muslims value their families highly.

One day at school, I left earlier than Jannah, I drove to her home,
Her mother opened the door for me.

I was overwhelmed so instead of greeting her I said

" Can I take Jannah out??!! "

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.