WHO'S THE KILLER?

I (J)hope I gave my readers enough clues
to find out who the killer was. If you got
it correct, then congratulations because
it was actually somewhat difficult. ♡

The killer is . . .

None other than . . .

Jung Hoseok!

Comment here, who you originally thought was the killer ➝

Time for evidence!

1. In chapter 4, Eileen picks up a Newspaper the talks about a young girl named Jackie Daniels, who had befriended [dated] a schizophrenic man. Later on, we found out that the man had killed her.

2. Do you remember how all the doors in the town are painted black [Eileen noticed that in chapter 1] well, later on in chapter 4, Eileen and Jungkook visit Hoseok's house and she notices that his door is black with a splotch of red paint in the corner.

3. In that same chapter, when Hoseok answers the door, he says "Scarlet, is that you?" while staring right at Eileen. He obviously had schizophrenia, because he's seeing people that aren't really there.

4. In chapter 4, Hoseok tours Eileen and Jungkook around the small town. He stops at an antique shop and says "This place has been open since 1964. My grandfather opened the store and handed it down as time went by." If you remember from the newspaper, there was a section that talked about the circus in 1964. Abused and mistreated circus actors escaped when they were told they were being sent to a mental asylum. One of the men who escaped and was never found was Hoseok's grandfather.

5. In chapter 16, Jimin and Eileen explore Jin's [her landlord] house together. Jimin's eyes land on a framed photo of a girl with draping black hair. He then says to Eileen, "I didn't know your landlord has a daughter." The girl in the photo is in-fact Jackie Daniels. The reason why her photo is in Jin's room is because she was murdered in that same house. He later asked Jin to put frames up of his girlfriend to honor her. Jin agreed, but kept the lights off so he wouldn't scare off visitors or seem like he murdered her.

6. In chapter 18, Hoseok bails Jungkook out from jail and give him a ride home. They start to talk about the town and Jungkook asks Hoseok if he likes living there. Hoseok, who supposedly lived there for over twenty years, answered by saying he had "bad childhood memories" tied to that place.[town] Jungkook then asks Hoseok about his age—causing him to lie and stutter while speaking. The topic then goes on about Hoseok's girlfriend and Jungkook unknowingly asks if they are still together. Hoseok replies by saying. "She past away."

7. Hoseok then kidnaps Taehyung during the hide and seek game, and takes his mask from him to lure Eileen into Taehyung's house. Supposedly his girl friend told him to kill her, but we obviously know that Hoseok is schizophrenic. He killed her silently, and left the mask on the floor, to frame Taehyung.

This may still be confusing. I'm not a professional writer, but if you have any questions, please ask them here. I'd be more than happy to answer! ♡

Again, congratulations to BangtanInABox for winning the giveaway and being the first person to answer correctly! ♡