Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Chris's POV)

My mom left fifteen minutes later, leaving Maya and I alone again. The awkwardness in the air was so obvious... But we tried to ignore it. I wanted to kiss her. I craved her lips on mine. But I was afraid to try and kiss her again. And I doubted we could recreate that moment. Maya stood up, and sighed. "I shoudl probably head out now..." "But, why? It's only four o' clock... Plus, I want you to stay..." I mumbled the last part. Maya stopped putting on her shoes, and looked at me. "What?" I stood up, and sighed, secretly crossing my fingers behind my back. "I said I wanted you to stay." Maya smiled, and nodded, removing the one boot she had on. She sat on the couch next to me, only inches away. I could easily reach over and connect our lips... But I would never have the guts to. The tension between us was obvious... I wanted her so bad. I looked over, and examined her features. Oh my God.... I just wanted to know what it felt like to have her soft lips against mine. She caught my stare, and her cheeks turned all different shades of red. I laughed, and brushed my hand against her skin. She gnawed on her bottom lip, making me want to kiss her more. My hand dropped to my side, and I turned my attention back to my TV. I heard Maya sigh loudly... Was she discouraged? I looked at her, and she was still biting her lip. That does it. "Maya..." I said, turning towards her. "Yeah?' She asked nervously. I didn't even ask for permission this time, I took her face in my hands, and connected our lips. She gasped, and I slipped my tongue into her mouth. Eventually, she disconnected our lips, only to lay down though, inviting me to lay on top of her, which I happily did, and then reconnected our lips. Eventually our lips disconnected again, only so I could leave a trail of kisses down her neck. She pulled my head up, and made our eyes meet. "We can't do this..." I shook my head, and moved closer to her. "Your mouth says one thing, but your eyes say another.." Her eyes narrowed, and she stifled a laugh. "You're so deep Chris..." "I try to be..." I winked, and buried my face back in her neck. She ran her hands through my hair, making me smile against her skin. I laid my head on her chest, and listened to her heart beat. It was going extremely fast, I laughed, and she rubbed my back. Her lips touched the top of my head, and then her heart slowed down. I intertwined our fingers, and kissed her hand. Woah. That was amazing...

(Erins POV)

As we walked down the street to get to Vinny's house, I saw a girl sitting on her porch, alone. "Why the hell is she on her porch in just a shirt and jeans in the middle of winter?" Dianna gasped. I laughed. "That's Jersey for ya. You think you'd be used to it by now missy..." "Nah. I don't think I ever will be." Dianna said. "Me either. Maryland is in our blood... It's our home." Krissy laughed. "WOOP!" Dianna laughed, and they high fived. I laughed, and rolled my eyes. As we passed the girl's house, and I got a closer look at her, I gasped. That was MELINDA. THE Melinda. "Guys, don't look now, but that's the girl Mikey left Maya for..." I whispered. Before I could even look her way, Krissy was walking up the girls stairs. OH MY GOD. I ran after her, trying to pull her away, but we all know Krissy when she gets mad is impossible to stop. "Hey you!" Krissy screamed. "Me?" Melinda timidly said. "No the girl next to you. Yes you! I hear Mikey left Maya for you..." Krissy said. "Oh, uh yeah.. But, ya see I dumped him because I felt bad..." Melinda whimpered. "I don- Wait, you what?" Krissy said, surprised. "I dumped him because I liked him and Maya together..." Melinda said. Our jaws dropped. Oh my God...