40.

The time has finally come. It's two days before Louis' birthday which also means it's two days before Christmas Eve and Harry's extremely stressed about it.

He wants to do something special for Louis but he has no clue what would be good enough for him. Harry knows that Louis would appreciate anything but he just means that there's nothing that's good enough for Louis because he's so perfect and he deserves the absolute best birthday ever.

Harry is thinking about maybe  finding a way to talk to Niall or even Noah about it because they both know Louis pretty well and might have some sort of an idea of what Louis would like. Harry's never really had to worry about something like this so it's all a little over whelming for him.

Thankfully, he's getting to see Louis in just a little bit so that'll take his mind off of things for awhile. It's still so unbelievable to Harry that he actually has Louis all to himself. They haven't ever really said that they're official out loud but they've said I love you to each other multiple times which kind of confirms that.

Louis texted Harry a little bit ago and said that instead of meeting at the club they should go do something somewhere else. Harry, who's become a little tired of being at the club so much, happily agreed to that so they decided that they'll go to a movie. Harry thinks that this would count as a date, right?

On the way to the movie theatre, Harry continues to brainstorm some ideas for Louis' birthday and Christmas but still can't come up with anything. He knows that he's for sure getting him a gift and he has a few ideas but he can't decide on that either.

He puts all that to the back of his mind though, because once he walks into the building and sees Louis waiting for him, all that Harry's thinking about is making sure Louis has a good time.

"Hi," Louis says as soon as Harry comes over, hugging him and giving him a kiss as well.

"Hey," Harry says back once Louis pulls away.

"Okay, I already got our tickets so here." Louis hands Harry the small piece of paper that has the movie name and theatre number on it.

"Louis," Harry says, not too happy that Louis' the one who paid.

"Don't even start."

"Fine but I'm buying your candy and stuff then."

Louis sighs. "Whatever." He grabs Harry's hand, and then starts to walk over to the concessions, giving their tickets to the person collecting them on the way.

"Okay pick what you want."

Louis does as told, making a mental note that Harry chooses Sour Patch Kids incase he ever needs to buy candy for him. They go up to the counter and put their food on it. After the employee puts the prices in the cash register, Harry gives him the money and then they take their things.

"So, have you decided what you're doing for your birthday?" Harry asks. Yes, he said he'd stop thinking about it but he couldn't so this is his way of subtly getting Louis to give him ideas.

"Yeah, I'm going out with the boys tomorrow night because it's the only day everyone's available, which you're invited to by the way."

"Oh okay. What about on your actual birthday."

"Well, since Niall and everyone else are going to see their family, I'm kinda on my own."

They walk into the dark theatre and find seats at the very top row. The previews are still playing so they quietly continue their conversation.

"Well you can come over to mine if you want," Harry says, grabbing Louis' hand again once they've gotten situated.

"Okay good, I didn't want to like, invite myself because I thought that'd be kinda rude."