Chapter Eight

You quietly sat in Mei's work shop, lazily swinging your legs back and forth, enjoying the sweet pastry treat you had for breakfast. You knew Mei before U.A, and became her "baby tester" for her new inventions. Due to Mei having most her creations be a success, you never backed down from the opportunity. "And there we go! With this new baby, you'll be able to jump from high places, while having a good grip from others! The wires are strong enough to latch on to at least three to five individuals at a time! Lets try it out now!" Mei said as she hooked two the bracelets onto both of your wrist.

You adjusted the two bracelets, seeing as they matched with the dark theme of your costume. Just before you could test it, Nagisa stepped in the workshop, wearing his hero suit for the school trip. Your costumes were similar, even the fact of wearing a large coat with a hood that covered your faces, along with the eye mask, to hide your identities. You basically left the costume making to professionals who knew what you both would prefer in your costumes.

The long black sleeves to your coat dropped past your hands, just as the back end of the coat reached down the ankles on your black laced boots. There was nothing flashy about your costume besides the red symbol on the back of your coat. Nagisa's outfit was all white, gold lacings in place. For his quirk he had to comfortable and expose a bit for skin so he won't stretch out the suit.

"Heya Mei, had fun experimenting on my brother?" The blonde asked her. "Almost, but sadly I must wait for the feedback of my new baby when Y/n returns." Mei said dramatically. "Don't worry Mei, Y/n will tell ya' when we're back." He said, wrapping his around your shoulders, looking to him with a surprised smile. "Hey, in those boots, your just one inch taller!" He said with a laugh. You stared boredly at him, before pushing his arm away and walking out the room. "Oh come on Y/n, I'm sorry!" Nagisa yelled as he chased after you, profusely apologizing.

Once you were out of the school building with your class, Nagisa stood at your side, muttering a soft sorry to you before bringing his attention to Iida. "Gather around class 1-A! Using your student numbers form two line so we can aboard the bus in an orderly fashion." Iida said, blowing his whistle once more. "Man, he's already kicking into gear. Huh?" Nagisa said to you, nudging you in your side, to where you gently moved along with his nudge. "Awww, don't do that to me." He chuckled, bringing you back into your place. "Besides, you aren't that short anyways and you- I'm making it worse huh?" Nagisa asked, having you only nod emotionlessly.

"But you still love your brother, right?" He asked, and one agin you nodded, having him slightly jump in glee. Once you both were over the whole short fiasco, the class would aboard the bus, which ruined Iida's boarding strategy, causing the others to laugh. Nagisa took the window seat as you sat on the other side of him, finding it better this way. The class would all talk about one another's quirks whilst you played a random shooting game on your phone, allowing Nagisa to lean against you, recharging the bit of energy he had for the trip.

You listened in on your classmates conversations over their quirks, you knew if Nagisa was awake he'd be amazed by every single on one of their abilities. "Well if we're stating the obvious, I'd like to ask something, about you actually." Asui said, with her gaze turned to you, along with the others. You looked back her blankly, pausing in the middle of the match you were in. "What is your quirk?" She questioned with a slight head tilt. You managed to go on in this school for a while without being asked that question, most people refrained asking you anything due to you not speaking, or some just assumed it was because you don't speak. In reply to Asui's question, you shrugged your shoulders.

"Wait, what!? You don't know your quirk?" Mina asked, shocked by your answer. You only shrugged, yet again, watching as she pouted and begin to wonder what your quirk could possibly be. "Okay, okay, let's just ask Nagisa. He's his brother, of course he would know." Kirishima said. But that idea was shot down at the sight of the tall blonde falling asleep against you. "Well that backfired." Ojiro said with a light laugh. "Aww, come one! Tell us!" Kaminiart begged you. "Wait, probably his quirk has to do with the fact that the can't talk! Yeah, that's it! That's why you don't talk right? Cause it has to do with your quirk!" Mina said, having the others agree as you ignored the theory.