Chapter Eight: Lukadrien Special

·Agreste Château· 

·Agreste Château· 

Sneaky

After a long evening of sitting in his room alone and what Adrien was pretty sure would be Natalie's final check on him, he was fed up. He's been cooped up in the house all night and couldn't take it anymore. Why did his father insist on him to stay home if he had no intention of talking to him or even seeing him? It infuriated him and he wasn't about to sit home and do nothing anymore.

"Plagg, claws out!" he grumbled and watched as the tiny grumpy kwami was sucked into his ring. Soon, the familiar black material encased his body and he quickly darted for the window. At least he could still do a patrol and enjoy some fresh air before he needed to get some sleep.

This time however, rather than aimlessly running towards her house, Adrien went straight to Marinette's to check up on her before he began his patrol. When he arrived, the light in her room was off which meant he wouldn't be able to see inside. But just as he was about to investigate through the window, he heard voices by the main door.

"Don't worry, Marinette. I know your parents were just teasing. It didn't bother me at all," Luka assured as he stepped out onto the pavement.

Marinette followed him out. "They are so annoying. When Adrien came over to practice for our school's gaming tournament, they kept trying to bring us snacks just so they could 'check-in' on us. It was so embarrassing. Although, I did feel bad about turning down their croissants when I saw how upset Adrien appeared to be."

Luka let out a low chuckle. "I can't blame him; those were delicious. Well, I really should be going. Mom might not tell me what to do but she still worries. I had fun this evening, Marinette. I'll check in with you tomorrow, okay?"

"Sounds great."

Before Luka left, he quickly pressed a kiss to her cheek and lingered for a moment near her ear. Adrien listened closely but even his heightened senses couldn't pick up Luka's hushed tone. Marinette grinned and nodded. Adrien watched Marinette wave Luka off and gaze after him for a moment before she headed back inside. With Marinette now safely home, Adrien dropped down around the corner with the use of his staff to wait for Luka.

When Luka rounded the corner he found Adrien, or rather Chat, leaning against the side of the building. "Oh hello, Chat Noir. What are you doing out tonight?" Luka asked with a genuine grin as he approached Adrien.

"Out on patrol but when I saw you leaving Marinette's place again, I was curious." It was a lie. He'd been checking up on Marinette but he wasn't planning on telling Luka that.

Luka raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Curious about what?"

"About what you were talking about. What did you whisper to her?" Adrien inquired as he pushed off the wall, just in time to keep pace with Luka and allow him to keep walking.

The smile dropped from his face. "Sorry, Chat. Until I know you better, I can't tell you that. That's between me and her."

Adrien nodded. "Fair enough. You're loyal to her, not me. I can respect that." Adrien gave him a polite smile.

"Can I ask you something, Chat?" Luka began and Adrien simply nodded. "Is it true you love Ladybug?"

Adrien stared dreamily into the distance as they walked. "Yes. I have since the day we met." After he replied he began to wonder how Luka had known but quickly forgot when Luka asked his next question.

Luka chuckled. "I don't blame you. She is rather intriguing. I'm guessing you don't know who she is?"

"No, she's been quite adamant about not wanting me to know who she is," Adrien replied in almost a grumble.

"I see, and you're clearly a gentleman if you haven't forced her to tell you. That makes you a special kind of person; one I'm sure she admires greatly."

Adrien assumed he was trying to make him feel better - which he appreciated - but it wasn't enough for him. "Yes, but I don't want her to admire me. I want her to love me."

"Perhaps she will one day," Luka offered.

"Maybe." Suddenly, he felt very distraught over his and Ladybug's non-existent relationship. "Well, I think I'm gonna go now. It was nice chatting with you Luka, but I should get back to patrol," Adrien said as he pulled out his staff.

Luka placed a single hand on his shoulder and Adrien's pulse sped up as he turned to face him. "Thanks for keeping an eye on Marinette. It's good to know someone else is looking out for her."

Adrien couldn't help the smile that found its way onto his face. "She means a lot to me, and I like to check in on her from time to time."

"I think she knows that. Don't stay out too late, Chat. You might be our protector but everyone needs their beauty sleep." Luka remarked.

Adrien chuckled, extremely amused at his choice of words. "I'm supposed to be the one protecting you, not the other way around."

"Everyone needs someone looking out for them. Even a superhero." Luka insisted before his hand dropped to his side.

Adrien was glad that it was starting to get dark so Luka couldn't see the blush dusting his cheeks. "Well, thanks, I really should get going. See you later, Luka."

"Have a good night, Chat."

Adrien waved to Luka before he took off in the opposite direction. After a few steps, he shot himself into the air and onto a nearby roof out of sight. This relationship with Luka was really starting to feel like a crush - one he couldn't ignore. Adrien made his way around town, keeping an eye out for trouble but quickly grew tired and headed for home.

"Plagg, claws in," Adrien said when he finally landed in his bedroom. With a bright green glow, his suit disappeared. He leaned back against his window and stared out into the night, a blush darkened his cheeks as his thoughts continued to focus on Luka.

"Are you thinking about Ladybug again?" Plagg grumbled as he flew across the room and grabbed a large wedge of Camembert.

"No, I was thinking about Luka."

Plagg smirked. "I knew you had a thing for Luka!"

"What are you talking about? I do not," Adrien tried to insist.

"Kid, that blush would suggest otherwise." Plagg teased before popping the whole wedge of cheese in his mouth.

Adrien rolled his eyes as he moved to his bed and quickly collapsed on it. Before he could fall asleep however, he heard a familiar little beep coming from his phone. He picked it up and tapped the screen. 'One new message from: Luka.'