Chapter Three

Shy and gentle.

Marinette couldn't believe Luka had just kissed her cheek.

Did he kiss me just to make me blush, or did he do it because he likes me?

She couldn't quite figure out why he'd done it. Her face was bright red as she looked up at him in shock. The grin he had plastered on his face was so intoxicating that Marinette didn't even realize she had a smile to match. She was completely oblivious to Vincent snapping picture after picture as she gazed up into Luka's eyes. Her heart was beating so fast she found it hard to breathe.

"Marinette," someone called from behind her.

She finally broke her gaze with Luka and looked to see who it was: Adrien.

I forgot about Adrien. How is that even possible?

Marinette quickly pulled away from Luka, feeling extremely awkward as she looked over at Adrien. The look on Adrien's face confused her.

"Adrien, are you okay?" she asked, feeling completely out of place.

Adrien nodded. "I'm fine." He wasn't convincing.

Luka looked over at Adrien with a heartfelt expression. "Sorry, I got caught up in the moment."

Adrien didn't respond to Luka. "Are we done, Vincent?"

"No," Vincent replied as he quickly moved onto the platform and shoved Marinette closer to Adrien. "I need the two of you together now."

"But," Adrien began.

"I must complete my vision!" Vincent shouted before Adrien could continue.

Marinette was worried that Adrien thought she was dating Luka but didn't think this was the time to talk about it. However, she still felt bad. She didn't argue as Vincent positioned her arms around Adrien's neck or when he wrapped Adrien's arms around her waist. Next, he positioned Luka so it looked like Marinette had run to Adrien, leaving Luka behind.

"Marinette, I will need you to kiss Adrien's cheek for the pictures," Vincent explained.

Marinette's eyes widened. "What!"

It was one thing to be kissed by Luka; it was another to be ordered to kiss Adrien. She wasn't sure she was ready for this. Especially, if it was going to be on covers everywhere. Why was it that everyone wanted to memorialize her first kiss with Adrien. Couldn't they just do it in private?

Adrien frowned and pulled away from her. "Vincent, she doesn't want to."

"I never said that! It's just—"

Marinette was hurt when he pulled away but she didn't really want to tell everyone. However, she needed to tell Adrien or he might think she didn't want to kiss him and that, she couldn't allow.

He was looking at her, waiting for her answer. "What is it then?"

She gently pulled him closer so she could whisper into his ear. "I just don't want to kiss you for the photoshoot."

"Are you saying you want to kiss me?" He whispered back before pulling back to see her reaction.

Marinette blushed brightly. When Adrien's frown turned into a grin, she figured she didn't need to answer.

Adrien convinced Vincent not to make her kiss him and make his vision happen some other way. Which actually turned out to be the most amusing thing ever since he insisted if it wasn't Marinette who kissed him then Luka had to. Marinette had insisted that she didn't want to be the one to kiss Adrien for the shoot, which made the choice for them. Marinette watched as Luka did the shoot with Adrien looking super confused. Vincent even made a comment about how the two of them made a better couple than she did with either of them. Gabriel wasn't too happy about what had transpired, but got over it when sales went up dramatically.

Jagged Stone's Concert.

Luka, Adrien, and Marinette had been nearly inseparable since the photoshoot. Adrien had even managed to score the three of them Jagged Stone tickets. Of course, Adrien and Marinette had gone to a Jagged Stone concert before, but Luka hadn't been and they wanted to go together. Adrien was super excited for the concert. So excited, in fact, he'd convinced them to leave early so they could chat before the show. As they waited in line, the three buzzed-about how awesome the concert was going to be and how great Jagged Stone was.

"Luka, did you know that Marinette designed Jagged Stone's latest album cover?"

"What! No way!"

Adrien watched as Marinette blushed. It was his favorite thing to do when they were together - seeing how often he could get her to blush. Luka seemed to like doing it too.

"Yes. I did," Marinette said proudly.

"I even got her to sign the cover since she's so awesome," Adrien teased.

Luka chuckled, "Aren't you the one that's usually signing autographs, Adrien?"

Adrien could tell Luka was trying to tease him and simply shrugged. "Modeling isn't nearly as cool as designing the cover for your favorite rock singer. Everyone should be asking for her autograph, not mine. She's much more talented than I am."

"That's not true!" Marinette shouted. "I mean, you do fencing and you fluently speak a second language, not to mention you're able to play the piano. All of those are amazing talents."

"I might be good at them, but I didn't choose to do most of them. I do them for my father's sake. The only one I enjoy is fencing," Adrien replied as the line began moving. They were fairly close to the front.

Marinette smiled, "Well, I'm not surprised. You're way more impressive than I will ever be."

Adrien chuckled, "You could be great with a little more practice. After all, you managed to win points against me on your first day."

"You also fence Marinette? What other secrets are you keeping from us?" Luka asked, completely innocently.

"Nothing!" Marinette replied a little inconspicuously.

"Uh huh, I don't believe you," Adrien teased with a grin. "I know there has to be something you're hiding from me, and one day I will figure it out."

Marinette looked slightly panicked. "I swear, it's nothing."

Luka smirked, "I think I know."

"What!?"

"Tell me!" Adrien demanded.

Luka looked over at Marinette and leaned close to Adrien's ear, "Did you know she's crushing on you?"

Adrien's head snapped in Marinette's direction. "What?! She is?"

Luka nodded, "I take that as a no."

Adrien was in complete shock. He didn't have a single clue that Marinette might be crushing on him. He just thought that she was really nice and loved hanging out with him. Suddenly, her comment about wanting to kiss him at the photoshoot made complete sense.

"What did he say?" Marinette inquired as she looked at the two of them.

Adrien grinned, "Oh, nothing you need to worry about." He realized he was happy to find out that she was crushing on him.

Maybe I do like her.

Adrien had been internally fighting with himself trying to decide if he liked Ladybug, Marinette, or Luka more. Luka by far confused him the most. Throughout the concert, Adrien constantly pulled Marinette close and deliberately bumped into her causing her to blush. The more she blushed, the more he fell for her.

•|•|•

When the concert ended and they finally made their way out of the concert hall, they quickly made their way to Adrien's car. Adrien held the door open for Marinette while Luka climbed in from the other side. Marinette's house was the first stop. Adrien was kinda glad about that since he wanted to ask Luka how he knew Marinette was crushing on him.

Song in your Heart.

After they had dropped off Marinette, Gorilla headed for Luka's house. Luka was about to ask Adrien something but he spoke first.

"Hey, Luka? How do you know that Marinette is crushing on me? Did she tell you?"

Luka glanced in Adrien's direction with a grin. He was surprised Adrien hadn't noticed on his own, but then again he was way more in tune with people's emotions than most.

"It was kinda obvious. She's constantly concerned about you. Always smiling in your direction. She remembers tiny details about the things you have done together. Didn't you notice?"

Adrien shook his head, "Well, I did, but I guess I didn't realize what it meant. How long have you known she likes me?"

Luka chuckled, "Since the day of the music festival."

"What? The same day we met?" Adrien inquired.

"Yeah. So, how long have you been crushing on her?" Luka asked.

"Me? Oh no, Marinette and I are just friends."

Does he really think they are just friends?

Luka looked over at Adrien with a serious look, contemplating what he should say next. It didn't take long for Luka to decide; Adrien had no idea what he was talking about.

"Sure, that's why your heart was singing when I told you Marinette is crushing on you because you're just friends. Why your heart is still singing after spending the entire evening with her," Luka teased. "The heart doesn't lie, Adrien; people do."

Adrien didn't respond.

Luka continued, "I have yet to find a heart I can't read and yours is no exception. I also know you're conflicted about something."

"How?"

"The song in your heart is similar to the one Marinette's sung when I met her," Luka replied. "I can play it for you when we reach my house if you like."

"I would really like that," Adrien replied with a grin.

Luka gave him a smile in return. He really loved playing his music. His favorite moments were when he could play for others to help calm them or inspire them.

•|•|•

Gorilla wasn't too happy with the unexpected change in plans.

"I'll be back in under thirty minutes. We can just tell my father we got caught up in traffic. Everything will be fine," Adrien assured.

Gorilla wasn't convinced but didn't stop Adrien.

Luka and Adrien quickly made their way onto the houseboat and down to Luka's room since that's where his guitar was for safe keeping. He never left it on deck in case it rained. When they reached his room, Luka made his way over to his guitar.

"Have a seat," Luka said.

He picked his guitar up from its stand and looped the strap around his neck. When he turned around Adrien was already seated on his bed. He moved to the bed and climbed into the middle. Luka closed his eyes and really tried to feel the song in Adrien's heart before he began playing. The tune was soft but definitely conflicted. At the end of the tune, he looked closely at Adrien.

"Wow. I've never had music speak to me quite that way. You really have a gift," Adrien whispered, almost entranced.

"Adrien, may I ask, do you like someone other than Marinette?"

Luka noticed him blushing ever so lightly. He quickly removed his guitar and smiled at him waiting for a reply.

"I'm actually struggling between three people right now, but I don't wanna say who."

Luka nodded, "I completely understand. I have recently found I am interested in two people."

Adrien chuckled, "Well, we make an interesting pair, don't we?"

Luka couldn't help the giant grin that found its way onto his face. His choice of words, a pair, amused Luka. Luka knew there was something special about Adrien.

If only he knew that he was one of them.